[comp.sys.mac.apps] ATM & Master Juggler

gabe@sol.ctr.columbia.edu (Gabe Wiener) (10/21/90)

Well, on the advice of all who replied to my query yesterday, I moved my
postscript font files into a subfolder within the system folder, put one
of my suitcases into it, and opened it with Master Juggler.

The printer can find them just fine...but ATM can't.  According to the ATM
manual, it should be able to locate the files even if they're in a sub-folder
as long as there's at least one open suitcase in that folder.  Well...it
isn't working.  I just tried reinstalling ATM from the master and it still
won't run w/the fonts in the other folder.

Any thoughts?  Replies by email, please...I'll summarize if appropriate.

--
Gabe Wiener - Columbia Univ.     "This 'telephone' has too many shortcomings
gabe@ctr.columbia.edu             to be seriously considered as a means of

wwtaroli@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Bill Taroli) (10/21/90)

In article <1990Oct21.051900.23941@ctr.columbia.edu> gabe@sol.ctr.columbia.edu (Gabe Wiener) writes:
>Well, on the advice of all who replied to my query yesterday, I moved my
>postscript font files into a subfolder within the system folder, put one
>of my suitcases into it, and opened it with Master Juggler.
>
>Well...it
>isn't working.  I just tried reinstalling ATM from the master and it still
>won't run w/the fonts in the other folder.

Well, are you sure the suitcase you placed into the subfolder was a FONT
suitcase? I found that this distinction matters when dealing with ATM and
Suitcase II.

In addition, I am still wondering about your comment "... it still won't run..."
									 ^^^
Does this mean that ATM isn't loading, or that it just doesn't function when
it should? If it isn't loading, make sure you didn't move the "...030" or
"...000" files into the subfolder as well.

* Bill Taroli (WWTAROLI@RODAN.acs.syr.edu)    | "You can and must understand  *
* Syracuse University, Syracuse NY            | computers NOW!" -- Ted Nelson *

kenh@hscfsas1.harvard.edu (Ken Hancock) (10/23/90)

In article <1990Oct21.051900.23941@ctr.columbia.edu> gabe@sol.ctr.columbia.edu (Gabe Wiener) writes:
>Well, on the advice of all who replied to my query yesterday, I moved my
>postscript font files into a subfolder within the system folder, put one
>of my suitcases into it, and opened it with Master Juggler.
>
>The printer can find them just fine...but ATM can't.  According to the ATM
>manual, it should be able to locate the files even if they're in a sub-folder
>as long as there's at least one open suitcase in that folder.  Well...it
>isn't working.  I just tried reinstalling ATM from the master and it still
>won't run w/the fonts in the other folder.

You probably have an older version of MasterJuggler.  Version 1.5 should
work correctly and is a paid upgrade from 1.0.  If you have 1.0, there's
also a 1.x version that'll solve the problem and AlSoft should send it
to you for free.  AlSoft is another one of those companies that doesn't
let you know about bug fixes unless you call them.  *sigh*

Ken

--
Ken Hancock                   | INTERNET: kenh@hscfsas1.harvard.edu
Isle Systems                  | Disclaimer: My opinions are mine,