[comp.sys.mac.apps] Screen dump w/menus

resnick@cogsci.uiuc.edu (Pete Resnick) (10/29/90)

Are there any screen dump utilities out there that will dump the screen
while a menu is pulled down? I understand what the problem is with
having one (it would have to interrupt MenuSelect), but I was hoping
someone wiser than I had written it. :-)

pr
--
Pete Resnick             (...so what is a mojo, and why would one be rising?)
Graduate assistant - Philosophy Department, Gregory Hall, UIUC

kanala@sc2a.unige.ch (10/30/90)

In article <1990Oct29.003800.9139@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>, resnick@cogsci.uiuc.edu (Pete Resnick) writes:
> Are there any screen dump utilities out there that will dump the screen
> while a menu is pulled down? I understand what the problem is with
> having one (it would have to interrupt MenuSelect), but I was hoping
> someone wiser than I had written it. :-)
>
> pr
>
> Pete Resnick -  resnick@cogsci.uiuc.edu

Try the shareware Snap Shot DA, it's better than good old Camera DA.
Since I've seen Exposure, I switched to it and would not change. There
are other commercial utilities that could do it.
Exposure by Preferred Publishers is available from any good mail-order
stores for around $50. I think it's worth - it lets you to choose the
destination: clipboard, scrapbook, file on disk (many formats), printer.
It takes a shnapshot of any screen (up to x.y, where x and y are many
thousands if pixels) of any deep (1 bit b&w as well as 32 bit color).

Roman Kanala, Centre Universitaire d'Etude des Problemes de l'Energie,
University of Geneva, Switzerland, kanala@sc2a.unige.ch

pillera@etd4260a.erim.org (Joe Pillera) (10/31/90)

There's also an excellent shareware utility called Flashit - available
on GEnie - which will take hot-prints of menus too.  I believe it even
handles color, too.
--

-----
Joe Pillera                              ERIM

Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are solely those of Joe Pillera,
            and not of ERIM or its affiliates.