[comp.sys.mac.apps] QuickMail and IIsi

han@Apple.COM (Byron Han, scapegoat) (10/31/90)

Does anyone know how to get QuickMail to recognize the microphone/sound
input capabilities of the IIsi?

Thanks in advance.

Byron Han

clouds@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (Kathy Strong) (10/31/90)

In article <11024@goofy.Apple.COM> han@Apple.COM (Byron Han, scapegoat) asks:

>Does anyone know how to get QuickMail to recognize the microphone/sound
>input capabilities of the IIsi?

From MacWeek, 10.23.90

MAC VENDORS SAY, 'SOUNDS GOOD TO US'
By Connie Guglielmo
(Cupertino, CA)

[stuff omitted]
...CE Software Inc. of West Des Moines, Iowa, will release a free upgrade to
QuickMail later this year that boosts the sound capabilities of the electronic-
mail program when running under Apple's new Sound Input Manager.
   Version 2.2.3 will let QuickMail users record messages as long as 90
seconds, up from the previous 10- to 12-second limit.

 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
   Kathy Strong               :  "Welcome to FUBAR Corp., where there's
  (Clouds moving slowly)      :   never enough time to do a job right,
   clouds@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu  :   but always enough time to do it over."

bell@pyro.ei.dupont.com (Mike Bell) (10/31/90)

In article <38926@ut-emx.uucp> clouds@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (Kathy Strong) writes:
>In article <11024@goofy.Apple.COM> han@Apple.COM (Byron Han, scapegoat) asks:
>
>>Does anyone know how to get QuickMail to recognize the microphone/sound
>>input capabilities of the IIsi?
>
>From MacWeek, 10.23.90
>
>MAC VENDORS SAY, 'SOUNDS GOOD TO US'
>By Connie Guglielmo
>(Cupertino, CA)
>
>[stuff omitted]
>...CE Software Inc. of West Des Moines, Iowa, will release a free upgrade to
>QuickMail later this year that boosts the sound capabilities of the electronic-
>mail program when running under Apple's new Sound Input Manager.
>   Version 2.2.3 will let QuickMail users record messages as long as 90
>seconds, up from the previous 10- to 12-second limit.
>

> . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
>   Kathy Strong               :  "Welcome to FUBAR Corp., where there's
>  (Clouds moving slowly)      :   never enough time to do a job right,
>   clouds@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu  :   but always enough time to do it over."

  I think that the article was wrong...  2.2.3 has been out for a while, and
it supports sound input from the Farallon MacRecorder. Right now, there is
no support for the SI. Hopefully there will be soon.......

			Mike Bell

Mike Bell                                Internet: mike_bell@zip.ei.dupont.com
Senior Engineer                          CSNet: BELLMA%ERVX01@dupont.com
DuPont Electronic Imaging 		 Applelink: D2747
Core Technology Group

    MacBLITZ..... When you feel the need for speed..........

bmug@garnet.berkeley.edu (BMUG) (10/31/90)

In article <38926@ut-emx.uucp> clouds@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (Kathy Strong) writes:
>In article <11024@goofy.Apple.COM> han@Apple.COM (Byron Han, scapegoat) asks:
>
>>Does anyone know how to get QuickMail to recognize the microphone/sound
>>input capabilities of the IIsi?
>
>From MacWeek, 10.23.90
>
>[stuff omitted]
>...CE Software Inc. of West Des Moines, Iowa, will release a free upgrade to
>QuickMail later this year that boosts the sound capabilities of the electronic-
>mail program when running under Apple's new Sound Input Manager.
>   Version 2.2.3 will let QuickMail users record messages as long as 90
>seconds, up from the previous 10- to 12-second limit.

CE Software has already uploaded some software to their Compuserve forum
library to enable people to take advantage of the sound capabilities of
Apple's new machines with System 6.0.7.  I suspect it'll be fairly soon
that they make the whole package available to registered users who don't
have CIS access.

BTW, there is also an upgrade to their NameServer software available in
their CIS forum library, which corrects several bugs.

John Heckendorn
                                                             /\
BMUG                      ARPA: bmug@garnet.berkeley.EDU    A__A
1442A Walnut St., #62     BITNET: bmug@ucbgarne             |()|
Berkeley, CA  94709       Phone: (415) 549-2684             |  |