[comp.sys.mac.apps] 3D Wireframe Drawing Program with Editable Vertex Tables?

siegman@sierra.STANFORD.EDU (siegman) (11/01/90)

Is there any not-too-expensive 3D wireframe drawing application that
provides access to editable vertex tables, edge tables, surface
tables, or object tables?

That is, I'd like to be able to change the positions and sizes of
individual elements (vertices, edges, rectangles, maybe even circles)
in a 3D wireframe drawing by direct text editing of the appropriate
numerical coordinates rather than by clicking and dragging with the
mouse; and then be able to redraw and view the modified object from
different viewpoint angles as positions as usual.

ostroff@Oswego.EDU (Boyd Ostroff) (11/06/90)

In article <107@sierra.STANFORD.EDU> siegman@sierra.STANFORD.EDU (siegman) writes:
>Is there any not-too-expensive 3D wireframe drawing application that
>provides access to editable vertex tables, edge tables, surface
>tables, or object tables?

Silicon Beaches' Super 3D has this capability.  There are facilites for
directly editing the display list in the program.  You can also import and
export display lists as text files.  The manual goes into some detail
in this regard,

As far as "not-too-expensive"....well....  Version 1.0 was quite inexpensive,
but didn't support grayscale, FPU's, etc.  The newest version (2.2??)
supports all these goodies but isn't cheap....

 ==    Boyd Ostroff, Tech Director   ==     Sys Admin, "The CallBoard"      ==
||||  Dept of Theatre, SUNY Oswego  ||||   Serving the Performing Arts     ||||
||||        (315) 341-2987          ||||  315-947-6414 1200/2400 baud 8N1  ||||
 ==     ostroff@oswego.oswego.edu    ==   cboard!sysop@oswego.oswego.edu    ==