[comp.sys.mac.apps] What is "checking document format"?

jurjen@cwi.nl (Jurjen NE Bos) (11/09/90)

What the heck does WriteNow do when it says "Checking Document Format..."?
I like the program very much, but I do not understand this message.
Apparently, the message is given as soon as your system file changes, so it
looks like that it checks which fonts are in the file to look them up in
the system file, but it is unclear.
Anybody who knows what's goin' on?

ollef@sics.se (Olle Furberg) (11/09/90)

In <2503@charon.cwi.nl> jurjen@cwi.nl (Jurjen NE Bos) writes:

>What the heck does WriteNow do when it says "Checking Document Format..."?

>looks like that it checks which fonts are in the file to look them up in
>the system file, but it is unclear.

  Yes, exactly. This is also described in the *manual*, so you could only
blame yourself. Spend an hour with the manual, it will reveal a lot of
features in WN you didn't know anything about.