[comp.sys.mac.apps] From CAPS to lower case in Word--Try Nisus

jon@weber.ucsd.edu (Jon Matousek) (11/14/90)

In article <291dahla@yoda.byu.edu> dahla@yoda.byu.edu writes:
>My wife has spent endless hours of dictation for her boss that wants all of the
>text in lower case letters instead of having it all in UPPER CASE like he used
>to want it.  Is there any possiblity of changing all of the characters to lower
>case? She can then go back and replace the first letter of each sentence with a
>cap.
>
>Please e-mail or post
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>al
>dahla@yoda.byu.edu

This may not be the solution you want to hear, but I think it to be an
economical one if your wife is looking at days of work converting the
documents manually. Nisus can accomplish the conversion of an all UPPER
CASE document to lower case (or vice versa) fairly simply. Nisus
provides a "lowercase" command. After applying "lowercase" to the document
there is a macro that is provided that will capitalize the first letter
of the first word in every sentence. From there it is only minor editing
to finish off the document.

Nisus can read Word 3 and 4 file formats and write Word 3 file format.

If you, or any other folks on the net would like to try out a demo copy
of Nisus send me e-mail. Any questions about Nisus call Paragon Concepts
tech. support, it's free.

Cheers,

-jOn

%%
SoftwareEngineer: jOn mAtOUsEk;      Internet:  jon@weber.ucsd.edu
%%                                   Bitnet:    jmatousek@ucsd
Paragon Concepts, Inc.               AppleLink: D0405
990 Highland Drive, #312
Solana Beach, Ca. 92075              Voice:     (619)481-1477
USA                                  FAX:       (619)481-6154

okamoto@hpcc01.HP.COM (Jeff Okamoto) (11/15/90)

jon@weber.ucsd.edu (Jon Matousek) recommends:

> Nisus can read Word 3 and 4 file formats and write Word 3 file format.

I've gotten the demo disk and tried Nisus out, but I have two
questions:

1. Can Nisus read and write RTF?

2. Can Nisus write "text-only with line breaks"?
--
 \      oo	The New Number Who,
  \____|\mm	Jeff Okamoto