[comp.sys.mac.apps] Wanted: German Word Processor, Thesaurus and Spellcheker

hoshino@tkysun.phys.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp (HOSHINO Takashi) (11/29/90)

Hello.

Does anyone around there know about German Word Processor and Thesaurus,
Spellcheker? Friends of mine want to use it.
Any information will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

HOSHINO Takashi, University of Tokyo

RBF@psuvm.psu.edu (Bob Fowles) (11/29/90)

Microsoft sells a package with several language dictionaries that can be
used with Microsoft Word to spellcheck documents written in those languages.
The only disadvantage is that once in Word you can spellcheck only in the
language chosen when you launched Word.
   Bob Fowles, Penn State

kanala@sc2a.unige.ch (11/30/90)

In article <90332.214434RBF@psuvm.psu.edu>, RBF@psuvm.psu.edu (Bob Fowles)
 writes:
> Microsoft sells a package with several language dictionaries that can be
> used with Microsoft Word to spellcheck documents written in those languages.
> The only disadvantage is that once in Word you can spellcheck only in the
> language chosen when you launched Word.
>    Bob Fowles, Penn State

I am using MacWrite II 1.1 (US version) with the following spelling checkers:
US English
British
Francais
Deutsch
There is a menu "Spelling" with "Install dictionaries" and "User Dict.", etc.
Extremely useful, and the dictionary use is recorded into the saved file so
that the next time the file is opened, the correct dictionary is installed.
The dictionaries are common for Mac Write II, MacDraw II (maybe even FileMaker
but I am not sure).
I do not have German thesaurus and I've never seen one.
Roman Kanala, CUEPE, University of Geneva, Switzerland, kanala@sc2a.unige.ch
I will never buy a Ford because of Pinto.
I will never buy a Word because of MS-DOS.