[comp.sys.mac.apps] QuickBASIC Questions

siegman@sierra.STANFORD.EDU (siegman) (11/29/90)

1) Where is the data for the "Get Info" and "Set Info" menu commands
stored?  Can it be gotten at and edited directly, with ResEdit for
example?

2) COLOR is a reserved word.  What's the syntax for its use?

3) PICTURE ON/OFF followed by saving the Picture$ to a file, makes a
nice PICT file that can be opened and edited in, for example, MacDraw
(you can change the line weight for example).  But it's all one
object.  Is there any way to make a single QBASIC-generated PICT file
with separate objects in the same file (so that MacDraw will recognize
them as separate objects)?

--AES

mxmora@unix.SRI.COM (Matt Mora) (12/06/90)

In article <8@sierra.STANFORD.EDU> siegman@sierra.STANFORD.EDU (siegman) writes:
>1) Where is the data for the "Get Info" and "Set Info" menu commands
>stored?  Can it be gotten at and edited directly, with ResEdit for

Yes they can. The Resource type is MBTI. If you create a TMPL resource
with the name of "MBTI" and add these fields "String","PSTR" in the fields,
it will help you edit those resources. If you want I can mail you the
template.

>2) COLOR is a reserved word.  What's the syntax for its use?

I believe that you pas an integer indicating the color. I don't
know if that works but I know that Forecolor and BackColor work.

>3) PICTURE ON/OFF followed by saving the Picture$ to a file, makes a
>nice PICT file that can be opened and edited in, for example, MacDraw
>(you can change the line weight for example).  But it's all one
>object.  Is there any way to make a single QBASIC-generated PICT file
>with separate objects in the same file (so that MacDraw will recognize
>them as separate objects)?

This was covered in a Mactutor article. I sorry but I can rember the issue.
The anwser to the question is yes it can be done.

Matthew Mora                |   my Mac  Matt_Mora@sri.com
SRI International           |  my unix  mxmora@unix.sri.com