[comp.sys.mac.apps] BinHqx DA 1.1???

c60a-cz@danube.Berkeley.EDU (Donald Burr) (11/29/90)

When will BinHqx DA v1.1 be available, and from where (anon FTP, BBS's,
electronic bulletin board sevices like AOL, etc.)?  I have a 68000 based
machine and would really like the added features and convenience of BinHex
in a DA, but v1.0 crashes my machine.
Donald Burr, Univ of California, Berkeley | "I have a seperate mail-address
INTERNET: c60a-cz@danube.Berkeley.edu     | for flames and other such nega-
      or: 72540.3071@compuserve.COM       | tive msgs; it's called /dev/null."

Adam.Frix@p2.f200.n226.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Adam Frix) (12/03/90)

c60a-cz@danube.Berkeley.EDU (Donald Burr) writes in a message on 29 Nov 90:

DB> When will BinHqx DA v1.1 be available, and from where (anon FTP,
DB> BBS's, electronic bulletin board sevices like AOL, etc.)? I have
DB> a 68000 based machine and would really like the added features
DB> and convenience of BinHex in a DA, but v1.0 crashes my machine.

I second this request.  The author said it was posted to comp.binaries.mac,
and I'm still waiting.  I'm looking for this so I can finally get StuffIt 1.5.1
off my hard drive.  (I use Compactor and UnStuffIt Deluxe and DiskDoubler, I
don't use StuffIt 1.6 or Deluxe.)

However, since I'm _eternally_ grateful that the author has realized his mistake
in compiling 1.0 optimized for 68020s, and has fixed it, I'm not complaining.
 As long as 1.01 becomes available _sometime_.

--Adam--

--
Adam Frix via cmhGate - Net 226 fido<=>uucp gateway Col, OH
UUCP: ...!osu-cis!n8emr!cmhgate!200.2!Adam.Frix

werner@cs.utexas.edu (Werner Uhrig) (12/08/90)

>> DB> When will BinHqx DA v1.1 be available, and from where (anon FTP)
> second this request.  The author said it was posted to comp.binaries.mac

	it was sent to the CBM-moderator (and is in the queue, probably)
	and it is available for FTP from RASCAL.ICS.UTEXAS.EDU
	(currently still in mac/INQUEUE but soon to move to more
	permanent directories);

	it was also sent to SUMEX and other archives ...

						---Werner

--
      ----------->   PREFERED RETURN-ADDRESSES FOLLOWS   <--------------
 (Internet)     werner@rascal.ics.utexas.edu

dauter@terminator.cc.umich.edu (Michael Dautermann) (12/10/90)

In article <109409.275F2B9B@cmhgate.FIDONET.ORG> Adam.Frix@p2.f200.n226.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Adam Frix) writes:

>c60a-cz@danube.Berkeley.EDU (Donald Burr) writes in a message on 29 Nov 90:
>
>DB> When will BinHqx DA v1.1 be available, and from where (anon FTP,
>DB> BBS's, electronic bulletin board sevices like AOL, etc.)? I have
>DB> a 68000 based machine and would really like the added features
>DB> and convenience of BinHex in a DA, but v1.0 crashes my machine.
>
>I second this request.  The author said it was posted to comp.binaries.mac,
blahblahblahetc.etc.and so on...

I've posted version 1.0.2 to the U-M archives (at 35.1.1.43 and 35.1.1.47)..
just log in anonymously, type in "cd PC2", then "get da/binhqx binhqx.sit.hqx"..
that's all..

If there's a version 1.1, I hope someone sends a copy my way.. it won't
take me more than an hour to "test" it and then add it into the Internet/Mac
archives...

Let me know if you have any trouble getting the file, or any comments...

Mike @ ccs.itd.umich.edu (temporarily.. until it gets fixed)
forwarded to DAUTER@TERMINATOR.CC.UMICH.EDU
Mike Dautermann - U-M Ann Arbor, Dearborn and the WORLD!!