[comp.sys.mac.apps] Needed: a program to undelete files

UD041948@NDSUVM1.BITNET (11/28/90)

I accidentally trashed some files and was wondering if someone had a
program to untrash them.  Thanks tons.

  Joe Carlin (FWA)    My other puter's a Cray    ud041948@ndsuvm1.bitnet
  Computer Engineering major - No I'm NOT a nerd!!       @vm1.nodak.edu
 "We have to go save the Universe, you see," said Ford, "and if that
  sounds like a pretty lame excuse, then you may be right.  Either way
  we're off."         - Ford Prefect, Life, the Universe, and Everything

s37775d@taltta.hut.fi (Pandy (A. Holmberg)) (12/02/90)

In article "Re: Needed: a program to undelete files" in comp.sys.mac.wanted,
Joe Carlin writes:

>I accidentally trashed some files and was wondering if someone had a
>program to untrash them.  Thanks tons.

	There is a very useful CDEV called Complete Undelete available
	from First Aid Software. Unfortunately I think it's comercial
	software.

	Pandy

--
"I'm dreaming of a white christmas"
                            -- B. Crosby

       /I I   Andreas "Pandy" Holmberg             pandy@spiff.hut.fi
      /-I-I   Helsinki University of Technology    pandy@otax.hut.fi
     /  I I   Faculty of Electrical Engineering    s37775d@taltta.hut.fi

minsky@media-lab.MEDIA.MIT.EDU (Marvin Minsky) (12/03/90)

Needed: a program to undelete files".

XTreeMac (San Luis Obispo, CA) can install its "Revive-a-file" system
document for you.  Seems to work fine.

RBF@psuvm.psu.edu (Bob Fowles) (12/03/90)

Norton Utilities has an Unerase utility.
   Bob Fowles, Penn State

c60a-aj@danube.Berkeley.EDU (Charles Gousha) (12/12/90)

Most any of the utility packages like Norton and SUM II include an undelete
function, and there are independent undeleters like Complete Undelete.
However, these all have to be installed in your system FIRST.  Apparently
they need to have the name and directory info handy before the files
are deleted, or they can't tell you where the file is.

Any undeleters out there that don't need to be installed first (for the
careless or unfortunate ones who don't install such beforehand)?
Charles Gousha                 |    "Yes, Star Trek IS a way of life"
c60a-aj@danube.berkeley.edu    |                 (myself)
All normal disclaimers apply, including some abnormal ones.