[comp.sys.mac.apps] Help needed: Cricket Graph => MacDraw

cliu@copper.ucs.indiana.edu (chang hsu liu) (12/21/90)

Hi, there:
	I need to transfer chart or graph made in Cricket Graph to MacDraw for mi[Cfor
minor retouching in my work. But I was bugged by the invisible selections lie
behind the the texts selections appearing on the file when you paste the graph
in MacDraw. So, when you want to align the texts, these invisible selections
corresponding to every texts really mess the alignments up. Is there any way
to get rid of these invisible selections beside finding them one by one
when you copy and paste Cricket Graph file to MacDraw?

Your help is appreciated.

Peter Liu

inm501@csc.anu.edu.au (12/22/90)

In article <1990Dec21.061133.11242@bronze.ucs.indiana.edu>, cliu@copper.ucs.indiana.edu (chang hsu liu) writes:

> Hi, there:
> 	I need to transfer chart or graph made in Cricket Graph to MacDraw for mi[Cfor
> minor retouching in my work. But I was bugged by the invisible selections lie
> behind the the texts selections appearing on the file when you paste the graph
> in MacDraw. So, when you want to align the texts, these invisible selections
> corresponding to every texts really mess the alignments up. Is there any way
> to get rid of these invisible selections beside finding them one by one
> when you copy and paste Cricket Graph file to MacDraw?
>
> Your help is appreciated.
>
> Peter Liu

	I think I know what you mean.  I usually just ungroup the text.
Instead of selecting the blanks one by one, I usually guess(it is possible!)
where they are and select them by dragging the selection rectangle around
it.  Alternatively, you can drag to include the text you want as well and hole
the shift key down when you click on the real text to unselect it.

	don't know anyone have the same experience:  sometimes, with large
graph, when you past in Cricket Draw, the graph look OK.  When you try to
modify the graph, you can't select it and you realise the selection box
is at some ghost points.  I tried increase the memory for CD, it doesn't
work.  However, if the graph is pasted into MacDraw, it is fine!

Ida