[comp.sys.mac.apps] Banners?

isr@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Michael S. Schechter - ISR group account) (12/14/90)

Does anyone know of any programs to print continous banners
on a Linotronic? Just simple text is all we need, but we
need 5 foot lengths without any page breaks...

Thanks
Mike_Schechter@isr.syr.edu
Bitnet: SENSORY@SUNRISE

derosa@motcid.UUCP (John DeRosa) (12/19/90)

isr@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Michael S. Schechter - ISR group account) writes:

>Does anyone know of any programs to print continous banners
>on a Linotronic?

I will assume that you have the correct Mac drivers for the Lino.

That aside there are several banner programs that should do
the trick.  The one I use came with ATM and therfore handles
scaling every font in the Adobe library to any size to the
maximum resolution of printing device.

There is a shareware tool called APP/BANNER-MAKER-122.HQX
that may also do what you want.  I havn't used it before.

A third solution is some PS code that I have that will
print one (large) character per page to a PS device.
--
=       John DeRosa, Motorola, Inc, Cellular Infrastructure Group          =
= e-mail:    ...uunet!motcid!derosaj, motcid!derosaj@uunet.uu.net          =

esvoboda@cup.portal.com (Edward J Svoboda) (12/22/90)

The Banner program ceased shipping starting with Adobe Type Manager v2.0.
It only worked with the Apple Imagewriter II (and maybe the original as well).

Ed Svoboda
Adobe Technical Support