[comp.sys.mac.apps] AfterDark: what is IQSystem activity monitor?

rq02+@andrew.cmu.edu (Richard Quadrel) (12/21/90)

In the AfterDark Control Panel screen, what does checking the "IQSystem
activity monitor" do?  On my system, it prevents the screen saver from
activating.  What is its real function?  Thanks.
Rich Quadrel
rquadrel@cad.cs.cmu.edu

grubin@boulder.Colorado.EDU (John Exby) (12/24/90)

In article <YbQDzS200WB8MChUwt@andrew.cmu.edu> rq02+@andrew.cmu.edu (Richard Quadrel) writes:

>In the AfterDark Control Panel screen, what does checking the "IQSystem
>activity monitor" do?  On my system, it prevents the screen saver from
>activating.  What is its real function?  Thanks.
>
>Rich Quadrel
>rquadrel@cad.cs.cmu.edu

Well if you *bought* the software the manual would tell you quite
well as to what the "IQ" monitor is for.  I've had no similar problems
as the one you describe.
(No I will not type in the manual desc.  jeez it's only $20 to buy AfterD)

i gotta, you gotta, she dont haveta
-=====-                       -=====-
  -=-    John  Exby  (guest)    -=-
   -  grubin@tramp.Colorado.EDU  -

beard@ux5.lbl.gov (Patrick C Beard) (12/27/90)

In article <YbQDzS200WB8MChUwt@andrew.cmu.edu> rq02+@andrew.cmu.edu (Richard Quadrel) writes:
#In the AfterDark Control Panel screen, what does checking the "IQSystem
#activity monitor" do?  On my system, it prevents the screen saver from
#activating.  What is its real function?  Thanks.
#Rich Quadrel
#rquadrel@cad.cs.cmu.edu

Actually, it's called the "SystemIQ activity monitor."  When this box is
checked, After Dark will notice when your system appears busy, such as heavy
disk activity, AppleTalk activity, and serial port activity.  After Dark
will throttle down the animation speed of the current module to 1 frame/sec.
This was done to keep After Dark from slowing down your mac when you leave
it unattended.

-  Patrick Beard, Macintosh Programmer                        (beard@lbl.gov) -
-  Berkeley Systems, Inc.  ".......<dead air>.......Good day!" - Paul Harvey  -

Patrick.C.Beard@f20.n226.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Patrick C Beard) (12/27/90)

-

--
Patrick C Beard - via FidoNet node 1:105/14
    UUCP: ...!{uunet!glacier, ..reed.bitnet}!busker!226!20!Patrick.C.Beard