[comp.sys.mac.apps] Stuffit Deluxe 2.0

fdm@WLV.IMSD.CONTEL.COM (Frank D. Malczewski) (12/19/90)

I feel kind of silly announcing this without providing any real detail,
but to those registered users of Stuffit Deluxe, you should be receiving
your free copies of Stuffit Deluxe 2.0 in the mail fairly soon, this
according to Aladdin's GEnie support bbs.

The only thing I recall from what I read last week was that they are
calling it 2.0 because of the number of improvements they have made to
it.  Parts of it will be faster, I am assuming that certain "features"
(i.e., bugs) will be fixed (I know of two or three that were supposed
to be fixed in 1.1 that hopefully will also make it to 2.0), and there
are probably some new goodies in there as well.

--Frank Malczewski                        (fdm@wlv.imsd.contel.com)
					  (malczews@nunki.usc.edu)

fdm@WLV.IMSD.CONTEL.COM (Frank D. Malczewski) (12/19/90)

I feel kind of silly announcing this without providing any real detail,
but to those registered users of Stuffit Deluxe, you should be receiving
your free copies of Stuffit Deluxe 2.0 in the mail fairly soon, this
according to Aladdin's GEnie support bbs.

The only thing I recall from what I read last week was that they are
calling it 2.0 because of the number of improvements they have made to
it.  Parts of it will be faster, I am assuming that certain "features"
(i.e., bugs) will be fixed (I know of two or three that were supposed
to be fixed in 1.1 that hopefully will also make it to 2.0), and there
are probably some new goodies in there as well.

--Frank Malczewski                        (fdm@wlv.imsd.contel.com)

leonardr@svc.portal.com (Leonard Rosenthol) (12/24/90)

Recently a question was asked about the new features of Stuffit Deluxe 2.0
- well from the 'Stuffit Deluxe 2.0 Addendum', I quote:

New Features in 2.0
-------------------
Version 2.0 furthers the many feaures with Stuffit Deluxe.  Most notable
of our additions are tremendous speed boosts, intelligent compression through
"Best Guess, the ability for creation of Self-UnStuffing archives, a
collection of Stuffit Tools, new Optimizers and a new Encryptor.

A sampling of the many new features in the 2.0 package include:
* An intelligent compression option, Best Guess
* A new compression method, Optimal
* The ability to create Self-UnStuffing archives
* A Save As... command
* Automatic Launching of an application and a compressed document
* An Optimizer that helps archiving of text files
* A MacPaint Optimizer that reduces the size of MacPaint files
* PassLock, a password scheme for keeping sensitive files from prying eyes
* Desk Accessories for Stuffing and Unstuffing
* SIT Converter, an application for converting archives into a smaller form
* Hypercard XCMDs for Stuffing & UnStuffing (usable in HC, SC, Plus, etc.)
* MicroPhone II scripts for Stuffing & UnStuffing
* QuicKeys2 extensions for Stuffing & UnStuffing
* MPW Tools for Stuffing & UnStuffing
* A Stuffit XTND for reading archive contents in XTND compatible apps (like
MacWrite II and On Location)
* Additions to the Scripting Language
* And More!

If anyone has any questions about the above, or Stuffit Deluxe in general,
feel free to post or EMail me...

Disclaimer: I have no fiscal interest in Aladdin Systems, though I am involved
personally with the company, and am the author of the Hypercard and MicroPhone
II 'tools' mentioned above.

Leonard Rosenthol
+ Leonard Rosenthol              | Internet: leonardr@sv.portal.com  +
+ Software Ventures              | GEnie:    MACgician               +
+ MicroPhone II Development Team | AOL:      MACgician1              +

leonardr@svc.portal.com (Leonard Rosenthol) (12/28/90)

In article <1990Dec23.214051.16679@svc.portal.com>, leonardr@svc.portal.com
(Leonard Rosenthol) writes:
> Recently a question was asked about the new features of Stuffit Deluxe 2.0
> - well from the 'Stuffit Deluxe 2.0 Addendum', I quote:
>
> New Features in 2.0
> -------------------
> [Features went here]

	A number of people reminded me that I forgot two important pieces
of information -- When & How Much...Well here are the answers:

When - Stuffit Deluxe 2.0 is current shipping, and all registered owners
will recieve a copy within the next 2-4 weeks (holiday mail with standing).

How Much - FREE to all registered owners...so if you haven't sent in your
registration card, now is a good time!

Leonard.Rosenthol@f20.n226.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Leonard Rosenthol) (12/28/90)

(Leonard Rosenthol) writes:
> Recently a question was asked about the new features of Stuffit Deluxe 2.0
> - well from the 'Stuffit Deluxe 2.0 Addendum', I quote:
>
> New Features in 2.0
> -------------------
> [Features went here]

        A number of people reminded me that I forgot two important pieces
of information -- When & How Much...Well here are the answers:

When - Stuffit Deluxe 2.0 is current shipping, and all registered owners
will recieve a copy within the next 2-4 weeks (holiday mail with standing).

How Much - FREE to all registered owners...so if you haven't sent in your
registration card, now is a good time!

+ Leonard Rosenthol              I Internet: leonardr@sv.portal.com  +
+ Software Ventures              I GEnie:    MACgician               +
+ MicroPhone II Development Team I AOL:      MACgician1              +

--
Leonard Rosenthol - via FidoNet node 1:105/14
    UUCP: ...!{uunet!glacier, ..reed.bitnet}!busker!226!20!Leonard.Rosenthol