[comp.sys.mac.apps] Managing Your Money Upgrade

barry@wolman.prime.com (12/24/90)

I'm still waiting for the 1991 upgrade to Managing Your Money to arrive.
Have any of you received yours?  If so, about when did you get it?

I paid for the 1991 upgrade when I registered the copy I currently use;
I'm beginning to think they've lost track of the order.  I won't be able
to reach MECA Ventures for a few days, so I thought I'd check if anyone
else is waiting, too.

Thanks, Barry
Barry Wolman                      | barry@s66.prime.com
Principal Technical Consultant    | 500 Old Connecticut Path
Prime Computer                    | Framingham, MA 01701
                                  | 508/620-2800, ext. 1100

barry@wolman.prime.com (12/27/90)

According to Scott J Bury <sjbury@owlnet.rice.edu> who called MECA, the next
release is not due to ship until Februrary, 1991.  I hope this doesn't mean
they're still trying to get the bugs out.

Barry

chuck@gistdev.gist.com (Chuck Welsh) (12/28/90)

barry@wolman.prime.com writes:

>I'm still waiting for the 1991 upgrade to Managing Your Money to arrive.
>Have any of you received yours?  If so, about when did you get it?

I'm afraid that I haven't received my upgrade either.  I've been
subscribing to MYM's update service since they released their product.

Each year it seems to take them about 13 or 14 months to crank out the new
update.  I feel a bit cheated since this year it looks like I've paid for
a year's worth of updates, but have not received any software.

That seems a bit disturbing that they aren't answering their telephones!

chuck@gistdev.gist.com (Chuck Welsh) (12/28/90)

barry@wolman.prime.com writes:

>I'm still waiting for the 1991 upgrade to Managing Your Money to arrive.
>Have any of you received yours?  If so, about when did you get it?

I'm afraid that I haven't received my upgrade either.  I've been
subscribing to MYM's update service since they released their product, a
few years back.

Each year it seems to take them about 13 or 14 months to crank out the new
update.  I feel a bit cheated since this year it looks like I've paid for
a year's worth of updates, but have not received any software.  I wonder
if MECA is using this as a neat way to increase their revenues per
software release.

chuck@gistdev.gist.com (Chuck Welsh) (12/28/90)

>I'm still waiting for the 1991 upgrade to Managing Your Money to arrive.
>Have any of you received yours?  If so, about when did you get it?

I'm afraid that I haven't received my upgrade either.  I've been
subscribing to MYM's update service since they released their product a
few years back.

Each year it seems to take them about 13 or 14 months to crank out the new
update.  I feel a bit cheated since this year it looks like I've paid for
a year's worth of updates, but will not receive any software in calendar
year 1990.  This really doesn't seem acceptable to me.

I wonder if MECA is using this as a neat way to increase their revenues
per software release or if, perhaps, simple incompetence is to blame.
| Chuck Welsh, GIST, Inc., 1800 Woodfield Drive, Savoy, IL, 61874 |
| INTERNET: gistqa!cwelsh%gistdev@usc.cso.uiuc.edu                |
| UUCP:     {uunet,pur-ee,convex}!uiucuxc!gistdev!gistqa!cwelsh   |

Chuck.Welsh@f20.n226.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Chuck Welsh) (12/28/90)

--
Chuck Welsh - via FidoNet node 1:105/14
    UUCP: ...!{uunet!glacier, ..reed.bitnet}!busker!226!20!Chuck.Welsh

Chuck.Welsh@f20.n226.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Chuck Welsh) (12/28/90)

barry@wolman.prime.com writes:

>I'm still waiting for the 1991 upgrade to Managing Your Money to arrive.
>Have any of you received yours?  If so, about when did you get it?

I'm afraid that I haven't received my upgrade either.  I've been
subscribing to MYM's update service since they released their product, a
few years back.

Each year it seems to take them about 13 or 14 months to crank out the new
update.  I feel a bit cheated since this year it looks like I've paid for
a year's worth of updates, but have not received any software.  I wonder
if MECA is using this as a neat way to increase their revenues per
software release.

--
Chuck Welsh - via FidoNet node 1:105/14
    UUCP: ...!{uunet!glacier, ..reed.bitnet}!busker!226!20!Chuck.Welsh
INTERNET: Chuck.Welsh@f20.n226.z1.FIDONET.ORG

Chuck.Welsh@f20.n226.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Chuck Welsh) (12/28/90)

>I'm still waiting for the 1991 upgrade to Managing Your Money to arrive.
>Have any of you received yours?  If so, about when did you get it?

I'm afraid that I haven't received my upgrade either.  I've been
subscribing to MYM's update service since they released their product a
few years back.

Each year it seems to take them about 13 or 14 months to crank out the new
update.  I feel a bit cheated since this year it looks like I've paid for
a year's worth of updates, but will not receive any software in calendar
year 1990.  This really doesn't seem acceptable to me.

I wonder if MECA is using this as a neat way to increase their revenues
per software release or if, perhaps, simple incompetence is to blame.
I Chuck Welsh, GIST, Inc., 1800 Woodfield Drive, Savoy, IL, 61874 I
I INTERNET: gistqa!cwelsh%gistdev@usc.cso.uiuc.edu                I
I UUCP:     {uunet,pur-ee,convex}!uiucuxc!gistdev!gistqa!cwelsh   I

--
Chuck Welsh - via FidoNet node 1:105/14
    UUCP: ...!{uunet!glacier, ..reed.bitnet}!busker!226!20!Chuck.Welsh
INTERNET: Chuck.Welsh@f20.n226.z1.FIDONET.ORG

andyc@bucky.intel.com (Andy Crump) (12/29/90)

I called MECA and they said the upgrade would be available in Feb '91.
--

    -- Andy Crump

    ...!tektronix!reed!littlei!andyc | andyc@littlei.intel.com
    ...!uunet!littlei!andyc          | andyc@littlei.uu.net

Disclaimer: Any opinions expressed here are my own and
            not representive of Intel Corportation.