[comp.sys.mac.apps] FIDONET reposting

johnston@oscar.ccm.udel.edu (01/05/91)

In article <495.2783DE03@busker.fidonet.org>,
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
johnston@f20.n226.z1.FIDONET.ORG writes:

I apologize to those of you who had to re-read an old-posting that
had a happy ending 10 days ago.  I want to make it clear that I did
not attempt to post via the FIDONET and that I am extremely angry
that somebody created this impression, inadvertantly or not.

"Johnston" does not have the time to waste on the FIDONET, and did
not authorize anyone to repost his USENET message to the FIDONET.
It is bad enough to have to read something that I have written
the first time!

The unfortunate situation described in my posting was taken care
of by Aladdin very swiftly.  I have the greatest respect both for
the StuffIt product line and for Aladdin's support crew, who went
overboard to make sure that my problem was resolved satisfactorily.

-- Bill (johnston@oscar.ccm.udel.edu)

Garance_Drosehn@mts.rpi.edu (Garance Drosehn) (01/05/91)

In article <40744@nigel.ee.udel.edu> johnston@oscar.ccm.udel.edu writes:
> I apologize to those of you who had to re-read an old-posting that
> had a happy ending 10 days ago.  I want to make it clear that I did
> not attempt to post via the FIDONET and that I am extremely angry
> that somebody created this impression, inadvertantly or not.

The stuffit thread was just one of many that got repeated by some
Fidonet host.  Duplicate articles popped up on a number of different
comp.sys.mac.* newsgroups.  All claim to be from
         <original_person>@f20.n226.z1.FIDONET.ORG

I imagine the Usenet gurus are beating up the offending site even as
we type...

Garance_Drosehn@mts.rpi.edu