[comp.sys.mac.apps] Envelope Software

Mark.Chandler@f555.n161.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Mark Chandler) (01/10/91)

Does anyone have any recommendations for envelope-printing software?  I'm
especially interested in programs that work well on the HP DeskWriter.  I've
tried EasyEnvelops+ and found it to be pretty good.  Has anyone used
KiwiEnvelopes?  What I'd really like to be able to do is get around the 1/4"
left margin limit on the DeskWriter.  Thanks in advance.

Mark Chandler
chandler@wc.novell.com

--
Mark Chandler - via FidoNet node 1:125/777
    UUCP: ...!uunet!hoptoad!fidogate!161!555!Mark.Chandler

fromherz@ifi.unizh.ch (01/16/91)

In article <11485.278D0E2A@fidogate.FIDONET.ORG> Mark.Chandler@f555.n161.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Mark Chandler) writes:
>Does anyone have any recommendations for envelope-printing software?  I'm
>especially interested in programs that work well on the HP DeskWriter.  I've
>tried EasyEnvelops+ and found it to be pretty good.  Has anyone used
>KiwiEnvelopes?  What I'd really like to be able to do is get around the 1/4"
>left margin limit on the DeskWriter.  Thanks in advance.

I successfully used MS Word to print on envelopes with the HP DeskWriter.
You just have to set the document margins small enough, write one address
per paragraph and define "Page Break Before" for each paragraph (e.g., for
the style "Normal").
The advantage, compared to, for example, EasyEnvelopes+, is that you can
easily import and export text. Besides that, of course, you have all the
features of Word available.

Markus Fromherz