[comp.sys.mac.apps] Document Comparison

kehr@felix.UUCP (Shirley Kehr) (01/15/91)

"We need something to compare revisions between different versions
"of edited files. It has to highlight the changes and be able to print
"them out (eg, underlined). It should be a standalone application,
"but solutions in word processors would be considered.

DocuComp sounds like what you need. It comes free with Word, but that
version may work only with word.

They recently upgraded it and I have a feeling the upgrade is not
application specific, but I haven't tried it with any other WP.

Shirley Kehr

jlhaferman@l_eld01.icaen.uiowa.edu (Jeff Haferman) (01/17/91)

From article <41791@nigel.ee.udel.edu>, by johnston@oscar.ccm.udel.edu:
> In article <155707@felix.UUCP>, kehr@felix.UUCP (Shirley Kehr) writes...
>>"We need something to compare revisions between different versions...

I have an application called "TextDiff" which I believe is PD.  It
only works on text files, however.  If you think this would work,
let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Jeff Haferman                            internet: jlhaferman@icaen.uiowa.edu
Department of Mechanical Engineering     DoD 0186  BMWMOA 44469  AMA 460140
University of Iowa
Iowa City IA  52242

typ125m@monu6.cc.monash.edu.au (John Wilkins) (01/18/91)

johnston@oscar.ccm.udel.edu writes:

>In article <155707@felix.UUCP>, kehr@felix.UUCP (Shirley Kehr) writes...
>>"We need something to compare revisions between different versions...

>>DocuComp sounds like what you need. It comes free with Word, but that
>>version may work only with word.

>It didn't come with my version of Word 4.00B ... has anyone else used this?

Apparently it was a US upgrade sweetener to v4 for a time. It wasn't
available that way in Australia, and at education price costs $A285.
It also apparently reads Nisus, MW II, and some other formats, for
those who are interested.
--
John Wilkins, Manager, Publishing & Advertising, Monash University
Melbourne, Australia - Internet: john@publications.ccc.monash.edu.au