[comp.sys.mac.apps] Word 5 Wishes - Word SUX!

typ125m@monu6.cc.monash.edu.au (John Wilkins) (01/18/91)

jmp@frame.UUCP (Jeff Papineau) writes:

>pages in the same document is to use FrameMaker.
>FrameMaker is a technical publishing program that will replace PageMaker,
>Microsoft Word, and MacDraw, for much less than the combined costs of all
>three of those "wimpy" programs. It's intuitive, and full featured, and
>you can bet it is a product designed by its users, so it has a true future.

>FRAMEMAKER will be the CORPORATE STANDARD of the WORLD. Just ask ADOBE.

>For real Power Users, there is simply no other choice. Forget Ventura,
>and the other long document solutions.
>No other pacage offers so much, and is as easy to learn and use:

>Page layout within an authoring system, full Postscript functionality,
>Math editor, Hyper-Text, and many other features.
>And in the new version coming April '91, Tables, and Conditional Text.

>IMAGINE: One document master for several differing versions of the same
>document. Tailor each document for the audience, verbosity, platform, etc.
>More power than most mortals will ever need.

>GET A CLUE. Buy FrameMaker.
>MICROSOFT and CLARIS stay in business, and lead the market, because people
>use what they have heard of, not what is best for the job at hand.

>FINALLY, the best thing about this program is that Unix/SUN, DEC, and Mac,
>and soon Windows 3.0 will have one interchange format: MIF.
>Maker Interchange Format. Share formated text and graphics across all
>platforms known to mankind. True platform independance.

>The future is here, and it's name is FRAMEMAKER.
>For ordering info call:

>Frame Technology,
>San Jose, CA.

If this isn't an ad, I'll eat my FoxBase manuals. While it may be what
the poster says (and I believe it is), can we have a disclaimer as to
the relationship of this guy to Frame?

--
John Wilkins, Manager, Publishing & Advertising, Monash University
Melbourne, Australia - Internet: john@publications.ccc.monash.edu.au