[comp.sys.mac.apps] Pascal compiler

A.G.Poole@newcastle.ac.uk (A.G.Poole) (01/21/91)

Hi all,

I'm a poor student at Newcastle, and I need a Pascal compiler for may Mac Plus.

However, being poor,I can't afford to splash out the 150 pounds + asked for the
retail versions (ie thinks, turbo etc...)

Ideally, I would like a shareware or PD version, but will they be any good???

Thanks forany advice in advance...

Alex (aka Mav)

lriggins@blackbird.afit.af.mil (L. Maurice Riggins) (01/22/91)

In article <1991Jan21.144010.14686@newcastle.ac.uk> A.G.Poole@newcastle.ac.uk (A.G.Poole) writes:
|I'm a poor student at Newcastle, and I need a Pascal compiler for may Mac Plus.
|
|However, being poor,I can't afford to splash out the 150 pounds + asked for the
|retail versions (ie thinks, turbo etc...)

Being a poor student has it's advantages.  Several of the manufacturers
offer tremendous discounts to students and faculty.  Sometimes this is direct
and other times it's through a distributer such as EduComp.

Contact the manufacturer directly and inquire.

--
Maurice      INTERNET:    lriggins@blackbird.afit.af.mil (129.92.1.2)

      Opinions expressed here do not reflect those of my employer nor
      constitute an official position of any U.S.Government agency.

phil@and.cs.liv.ac.uk (Phil Jimmieson) (01/24/91)

In article <1991Jan21.144010.14686@newcastle.ac.uk>, A.G.Poole@newcastle.ac.uk (A.G.Poole) writes:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm a poor student at Newcastle, and I need a Pascal compiler for may Mac Plus.
>
> However, being poor,I can't afford to splash out the 150 pounds + asked for the
> retail versions (ie thinks, turbo etc...)
>
> Ideally, I would like a shareware or PD version, but will they be any good???
>
> Thanks forany advice in advance...
>
> Alex (aka Mav)

well, at one time Borland were doing a "scholar purchasing program" which
allowed students etc. to buy Turbo Pascal for around 30 quid - I know 'cos I
did.  I now use THINK Pascal 'cos it's supported, and has a *wonderful*
debugger.  THINK Pascal used to be available on Educational discount - but I'm
not sure how much it would set you back now, except my local AppleCentre lists
it for 125 quid (+VAT).

Computer Science Dept.,   * JANET    : phil@uk.ac.liv.cs.and                *
Liverpool University,     * INTERNET : phil@and.cs.liv.ac.uk                *
Liverpool  L69  3BX    "This message contains wit, sophistication, class,
(UK) 051-794-3689       style, and 3 other words I don't understand as well..."