[comp.sys.mac.apps] MS-WORD: Porting eqns. from Mac ver. 4.0 to PC ver. 5.5

badri@sdl.scs.com (Badri Lokanathan) (01/26/91)

I went over the users manual for MS-WORD 5.5 (IBM PC) and found no
reference to writing equations. Is there any support for equations
barring the manual entry of symbols (integrals, summation etc.) in
MS-WORD 5.5 (IBM PC)?
Do equations written in the meta language of MS-WORD 4.0 (Mac)
port (in any fashion) to MS-WORD 5.5 for the IBM PC?
--
Badri Lokanathan                                  Go ahead, flame away.
badri@sdl.scs.com (or)                            Make my day.

scavo@cie.uoregon.edu (Tom Scavo) (01/28/91)

In article <BADRI.91Jan25155110@elysium.sdl.scs.com> badri@sdl.scs.com (Badri Lokanathan) writes:
>I went over the users manual for MS-WORD 5.5 (IBM PC) and found no
>reference to writing equations. Is there any support for equations
>barring the manual entry of symbols (integrals, summation etc.) in
>MS-WORD 5.5 (IBM PC)?
>Do equations written in the meta language of MS-WORD 4.0 (Mac)
>port (in any fashion) to MS-WORD 5.5 for the IBM PC?

I don't know too much about MS Word 5.5 for the PC, but I do know
that Word for Windows has equation formatting capabilities with
syntax virtually identical to that of Word 4.0 for the Mac.  In
fact, Word for Windows feels very much like Word 4.0 overall.

Tom Scavo
scavo@cie.uoregon.edu

badri@sdl.scs.com (Badri Lokanathan) (01/28/91)

In article <BADRI.91Jan25155110@elysium.sdl.scs.com>, I wrote:

>Do equations written in the meta language of MS-WORD 4.0 (Mac)
>port (in any fashion) to MS-WORD 5.5 for the IBM PC?

I am referring to the version of MS-WORD 5.5 that is not sold for windows.