[comp.sys.mac.apps] PROBLEM WITH CRICKET GRAPH

SO-JAM@finou.oulu.fi (JACOB MATTHAN) (01/24/91)

We have a new fx. We loaded the latest version of Cricket Graph
1.3 but when we start up the program quits immeadiately. We went
back to an earlier version but we get the same result. Does the
problem lie in Cricket Graph or in the fx.

JACOB MATTHAN
CHIEF ENGINEER
MICROELECTRONICS LABORATORY
UNIVERSITY OF OULU
OULU, FINLAND.

augsec@uncecs.edu (Wayne Robarge) (01/24/91)

In article <91023.161644SO-JAM@finou.oulu.fi> SO-JAM@finou.oulu.fi (JACOB MATTHAN) writes:
>We have a new fx. We loaded the latest version of Cricket Graph
>1.3 but when we start up the program quits immeadiately. We went
>back to an earlier version but we get the same result. Does the
>problem lie in Cricket Graph or in the fx.
>
>JACOB MATTHAN
>CHIEF ENGINEER
>MICROELECTRONICS LABORATORY
>UNIVERSITY OF OULU
>OULU, FINLAND.

Version 1.3 is not compatible with the new roms
in the fx. We noticed that Ver. 1.3.1 bombed
on an IIsi. You will need an upgrade if such
a thing exists. The latest version I know of
is 1.3.1i but we have not tried it on the IIsi.

Hope this helps and is correct. I understand that
several other programs like Excel will not
work on the new machines unless you get updated
versions.

wayne ron[Dbarge
soil sci. NCSU
raleigh, NC

ejd@iris.brown.edu (Ed Devinney) (01/27/91)

In article <1991Jan23.221506.10018@uncecs.edu> augsec@uncecs.edu (Wayne
Robarge) writes:
> [WRT Cricket Graph] You will need an upgrade if such a thing exists.

IMHO, don't count on an upgrade to Cricket-anything.  Between the
company's traditional lack of upgrades and CA's big-company lethargy, well

ed

[former Mac engineer, Cricket Software (pre-CA)]

Ed Devinney ... ejd@iris.brown.edu ... IRIS/Brown University
- "Well, it was all very impressive seeing all of that coming up at us,
but after I was done I was spending most of my effort in running away
bravely" :  British pilot after the first few days over Baghdad -

drg@mdaali.cancer.utexas.edu (David Gutierrez) (01/29/91)

In article <62647@brunix.UUCP> ejd@iris.brown.edu (Ed Devinney) writes:
> IMHO, don't count on an upgrade to Cricket-anything.  Between the
> company's traditional lack of upgrades and CA's big-company lethargy,
well

There's at least one upgrade available. The past few MacWeeks have had an
ad for DeltaGraph that mentions a program under which Cricket Graph owners
can get DeltaGraph for $50. We don't use Cricket Graph here, so I haven't
contacted them about it myself.

David Gutierrez
drg@mdaali.cancer.utexas.edu

"Only fools are positive." - Moe Howard