[comp.sys.mac.apps] wanted Excel macro code

R.Singh@massey.ac.nz (R. Singh) (01/29/91)

I'm attemting to write macros which non-interactively extract data and create
graphs. I'd be highly obliged if someone could send me some of their clever
Excel macro sheets. I'd also be interested in macros which demonstrate text
manipulation.
Thanx

Raminder $ingh                              Phone : +64 63 69 099 X 7772
Computer Centre MASSEY UNIVERSITY           Fax   : +64 63 505 607
Palmerston North NEWZEALAND                 E-mail: R.Singh@massey.ac.nz

ramaley@csli.Stanford.EDU (Alan Ramaley) (01/29/91)

In <1991Jan28.225508.983@massey.ac.nz> R.Singh@massey.ac.nz (R. Singh) writes:

>I'm attemting to write macros which non-interactively extract data and create
>graphs.
>Thanx

>Raminder $ingh                              Phone : +64 63 69 099 X 7772

The best way to learn macros is to use the 'record' option, fool
around, and then 'stop recording' and look at the sheet.  Also, look
under the excel help function for 'Text' or 'String' function.  These
should be helpful.  The hardest part of writing macros to process
strings is writing the cell formulas.

--Alan

--
--Alan