[comp.sys.mac.apps] See more of a page in Nisus

jay@ut-emx.uucp (Jay Boisseau) (02/05/91)

I have just started using Nisus (after letting it sit on my desk for some
time).  It seems like a very nice package, but I have one big complaint: I
don't seem to be able to view a very wide section of the screen at one time.
For example, in MS Word you can view 6" or 6.5" in width at one time on a
Plus/SE/Classic screen.  In Nisus, the maximum I can observe is 6", and I
can't even see that much if I want to have the little ruler icons visible
on the left side.  It is really annoying not being able to see everything,
and haven't the screen scroll right and then quickly scroll left at the
end of each line.

Anybody know of any tricks to make Nisus show a wider section of text?
(For example, Word shows 6.5" instead of 6" if you choose LaserWriter
instead of ImageWriter, or if you pick the "Tall Adjusted" option.)
Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I am stuck with a package I
won't use otherwise...

Jay Boisseau
jay@emx.utexas.edu

jay@ut-emx.uucp (Jay Boisseau) (02/06/91)

In article <43719@ut-emx.uucp>, jay@ut-emx.uucp (Jay Boisseau) writes:
> I have just started using Nisus (after letting it sit on my desk for some
> time).  It seems like a very nice package, but I have one big complaint: I
> don't seem to be able to view a very wide section of the screen at one time.
> For example, in MS Word you can view 6" or 6.5" in width at one time on a
> Plus/SE/Classic screen.  In Nisus, the maximum I can observe is 6"...
>
> Anybody know of any tricks to make Nisus show a wider section of text?
> (For example, Word shows 6.5" instead of 6" if you choose LaserWriter
> instead of ImageWriter, or if you pick the "Tall Adjusted" option.)....

Before I posted this, I tried looking EVERYTHING relating to rulers,
measurements, etc., in the manual.  I looked into every menu.  I did
everything EXCEPT try the sme things I used in Word... which I tried after
the post, and which worked.  Still, I wish the DEFAULT was to show as much as
possible on a 9" screen (I never would have thought to pick "Tall Adjusted"
if I hadn't heard about it in Word first).

Sorry for the wasted bandwidth--I should've checked the Word methods first (?).
If anyone does know of a BETTER way, however, please feel free to e-mail me.
Thanks.

Jay Boisseau
jay@emx.utexas.edu