[comp.sys.mac.apps] Looking for Accounting S/W Advice

mstov@cbnewsb.att.com (michael.p.stovsky) (02/08/91)

Hi!

I am looking for some accouting software for a small business.  My needs are
quite basic: I need a double-entry system with a general ledger and the ability
to set up accounts and reconcile the books.  I do NOT need fancy reports,
invoices, and the like.  Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

	Mike

	mps@cbvox.att.com

budd@drynix.dfrf.nasa.gov (Gerry Budd) (02/08/91)

In article <1991Feb7.171433.942@cbfsb.att.com> mstov@cbnewsb.att.com (michael.p.stovsky) writes:

   >I am looking for some accouting software for a small business.  My
   >needs are quite basic: I need a double-entry system with a general
   >ledger and the ability to set up accounts and reconcile the books.  I
   >do NOT need fancy reports, invoices, and the like.  Any and all
   >suggestions are appreciated.

Try MultiLedger by Checkmark Software in Boulder, CO.  It has G/L,
A/R, A/P, Inventory Control, Invoicing, etc.  It isn't fancy but very
straightforward and easy to use.  A nice feature is the companies
customer support policy.  If you are a registered user and are willing
to pay for the call, they will help you out and answer your questions
FREE OF CHARGE (unlimited use - within reason!).  Many other companies
offer limited free support and then charge for their help.  I haven't
had to use it but a couple of times 'cause the program is so easy to
use (and I didn't know much if anything about bookkeeping when I
started!  They also have a limited demo you can play with ahead of
time.  The program is available from various mail-order outlets for
about $235.

--

Jerry Budd
budd@elxsi.dfrf.nasa.gov  ames!elxsi.dfrf.nasa.gov!budd

<CHARLESW@QUCDN.QueensU.CA> (02/12/91)

  A friend with a small business (1 full-time phone/shipping/etc, 2 part-time
people) uses "Mind Your Own Business" from Teleware.  He has been quite happy
with both the program, and the company's response to his queries and sugges-
tions.  The price is pretty good too.

Dave Charlesworth
Bitnet: CHARLESW@QUCDN.QueensU.CA