[comp.sys.mac.apps] Looking for decent graphing program

stiber@cs.ucla.edu (Michael D Stiber) (02/07/91)

I'm looking for a decent and reasonably-priced graphing program, that
will produce a variety of different types of plots from even fairly
large data files.  Unless there has been a new, greatly improved
version of CricketGraph, that is not an option --- it can't handle
anything more than trivially small data files, and is way too slow and
clunky anway.

--
			    Michael Stiber
			  stiber@cs.ucla.edu

phil@and.cs.liv.ac.uk (Phil Jimmieson) (02/13/91)

In article <STIBER.91Feb6223244@maui.cs.ucla.edu>,
 stiber@cs.ucla.edu (Michael D Stiber) writes:
> I'm looking for a decent and reasonably-priced graphing program, that
> will produce a variety of different types of plots from even fairly
> large data files.  Unless there has been a new, greatly improved
> version of CricketGraph, that is not an option --- it can't handle
> anything more than trivially small data files, and is way too slow and
> clunky anway.

I asked a similar question here a couple fo weeks ago - and the general
consensus was to try Igor.  There's a demo available via ftp, but I didn't keep
a copy of the address, so maybe someone else can help you with that.

Computer Science Dept.,   * JANET    : phil@uk.ac.liv.cs.and                *
Liverpool University,     * INTERNET : phil@and.cs.liv.ac.uk                *
Liverpool  L69  3BX    "This message contains wit, sophistication, class,
(UK) 051-794-3689       style, and 3 other words I don't understand as well..."