[comp.sys.mac.apps] Can a Mac Co-Pilot a PC?

jbnash@vms.macc.wisc.edu (02/13/91)

We use PC Anywhere to operate remote PC's from our office
for technical assistance and downloading files.
Are there any applications out there that would let me
operate someone's PC from my Macintosh?  We use MacLink to do file transfers but
I would like to view the screen of the remote PC on my Mac.
E me and I'll post a summary.
Thanks in advance!
| J. B. NASH   				  Internet > jbnash@vms.macc.wisc.edu |
| University of				   	     Bitnet > jbnash@wiscmac2 |
| Wisconsin		       		   	      DECnet > wircs2::jbnash |
| Madison	          from CompuServe > internet:jbnash@vms.macc.wisc.edu |

morris@ucunix.san.uc.edu (Ted Morris) (02/14/91)

In article <1991Feb12.171622.22184@macc.wisc.edu> jbnash@vms.macc.wisc.edu writes:
>We use PC Anywhere to operate remote PC's from our office
>for technical assistance and downloading files.
>Are there any applications out there that would let me operate
>someone's PC from my Macintosh? We use MacLink to do file transfers but
>I would like to view the screen of the remote PC on my Mac.

Try pcMacTerm from the same publishers (DMA)!  Only trouble is, it is
hard-coded for Hayes Modems, and our digital PBX doesn't know what AT
commands are )-: --should work fine for your standard modems, though.
I have dialed in from my IIsi to my Compaq at work and worked on its
MS-DOS apps from within pcMacTerm before...

ALSO:  try setting PC Anywhere to "VT100" dial-in and use your
VT100-emulating terminal program!  I've used Mac241 for that as well!

Theodore Allan Morris, U. Cincinnati, Med Ctr Info & Comm, Info Rsrch
& Dev, 231 Bethesda Av, ML#574, Cinti, OH  45267-0574, 513-558-6046V,
513-558-0758F, MORRISTA@UCMCIC.OA.UC.EDU / MORRISTA@UCUNIX.SAN.UC.EDU,
NTS WB8VNV, AppleLink U1091 | Call me up and I'll talk data to ya!