[comp.sys.mac.apps] Application Startup order

Rick_McCormack@mindlink.UUCP (Rick McCormack) (02/13/91)

Paul Cooper, <P.A.Cooper@stl.stc.co.uk> writes:

This is probably an old favourite, but how do you change the order of
applications started at boot time using 'Set Startup...'?

Just grabbed the Apple book off the desk, and of course it completely ignores
this aspect.  Last time I did this, I seemed to remember that the applications
open in the same order I opened them prior to setting the "startup"control
panel device.  (Or was it the reverse order I opened them prior to setting
"startup" device?  Aarghh! I need a memory upgrade.)

| Rick McCormack |  IMAGISTICS BUSINESS THEATRE TECHNOLOGY    |
| Vancouver,  BC |  Information transfer - with a purpose.    |
|     CANADA     |  ________________________________________  |
|  AOL:  Rique   |  INTERACTIVE  COMPREHENSIVE  ENLIGHTENING  |
|________________|____________________________________________|

pac@stl.stc.co.uk (02/14/91)

This is probably an old favourite, but how do you change the order of
applications started at boot time using 'Set Startup...'?
Regards,
	Paul Cooper (P.A.Cooper@stl.stc.co.uk) - ICL Europe

ml27192@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (lanett mark) (02/15/91)

pac@stl.stc.co.uk writes:

>This is probably an old favourite, but how do you change the order of
>applications started at boot time using 'Set Startup...'?
>Regards,
>	Paul Cooper (P.A.Cooper@stl.stc.co.uk) - ICL Europe

It's alphabetical. You can edit the Finder Startup file w/ ResEdit if you
_really_ want.

Mark Lanett
--
Mark Lanett						ml27192@uxa.cs.uiuc.edu