[comp.sys.mac.apps] Nisus current version?

wilcox@hydra.unm.edu (Sherman Wilcox) (02/14/91)

In article <30251@mimsy.umd.edu> spector@mimsy.umd.edu (Lee Spector) writes:
>What is the latest version of Nisus "The Amazing Wordprocessor" (yes, it is)?
>I have version 3.04, but I saw a reference in a usenet article to 3.05.
>Thanks!  -Lee (spector@cs.umd.edu)

I am a registered user and was recently (last week) mailed an updater
to version 3.05 of Nisus.

Sherman Wilcox
Dept. of Linguistics

pfr654@csc.anu.edu.au (02/15/91)

In article <1991Feb14.151115.18395@ariel.unm.edu>, wilcox@hydra.unm.edu (Sherman Wilcox) writes:
> I am a registered user and was recently (last week) mailed an updater
> to version 3.05 of Nisus.
>
> Sherman Wilcox

I also am a registered user, and I was mailed the current updater.

BUT IT WILL NOT UPDATE MY VERSION!!!

I ordered version 3.01 last year and was sent "3.01br" which is not
updateable.

WHY can't the foreign versions of these programs have a common 'core'
program which is the one that is updated?

WHAT crappy differences are there between "3.01" and "3.01br" and why do
Americans assume that Australians will want to use the BRITISH version?

Phil Ryan 					  * No matter where
DSTO Cadet Research Student                       *  you go...
ANU Department of Physics and Theoretical Physics *
GPO Box 4, Canberra, Australia                    *... there you are.
pfr654@csc.anu.edu.au                             *
phone:06-249 4678       fax:06-249 0741           *      Buckaroo Banzai

wilcox@hydra.unm.edu (Sherman Wilcox) (02/15/91)

In article <1991Feb15.131418.1@csc.anu.edu.au> pfr654@csc.anu.edu.au writes:
>I also am a registered user, and I was mailed the current updater.
>
>BUT IT WILL NOT UPDATE MY VERSION!!!

Speaking of problems updating...

When I updated my version 3.01 to 3.05, everything seemed fine. But when
I ran Nisus, I had continual problems (system bombs when I would make
selections of text). I tried all sorts of things. Called Nisus and they
suggested all sorts of things.

Finally, it dawned on me that I should try running the updater again.
Sure enough, this fixed the problem. So, the moral is: if you're having
problems with Nisus after updating, try running the updater all over
again. Could save you a bunch of grief.

Sherman Wilcox