[comp.sys.mac.apps] Change Bars for Word Docs

howard@locus.com (Howard Moskovitz) (02/15/91)

Does anyone know of a utility that will compare two versions of a Word
document and produce a document showing change bars where the two have
differed (similar to the UNIX utility for text files).

Thanks in advance.
Howard Moskovitz
--
---------------------------------
|	Howard Moskovitz	|

nilesinc@well.sf.ca.us (Avi Rappoport) (02/17/91)

In article <1991Feb15.001817.156113@locus.com> howard@locus.com (Howard Moskovitz) writes:

>Does anyone know of a utility that will compare two versions of a Word
>document and produce a document showing change bars where the two have
>differed (similar to the UNIX utility for text files).

Use DocuComp from Advanced Software.  It works really well.

BTW, does anyone know what happened with their patent for comparing
text documents?  Have they hassled anyone else?  It was a pretty
comprehensive patent as far as I could tell.

--
--  Help me justify my online bills: ask me EndNote questions, please!  --
Avi Rappoport                               2000 Hearst, Berkeley, CA 94709