[comp.sys.mac.apps] Upper to lower case conversion

friedman@mbcl.rutgers.edu (02/17/91)

Doe anybody know of a way to convert all upper case text to all lower case
text?
-Rich
friedman@mbcl.rutgers.edu

rashid@magnus.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Robert G Rashid) (02/17/91)

In article <312.27bd2920@mbcl.rutgers.edu> friedman@mbcl.rutgers.edu writes:
>Doe anybody know of a way to convert all upper case text to all lower case
>text?
>-Rich
>friedman@mbcl.rutgers.edu

I tried a shareware(?) version of a DA "MacSink" and immediately purchased the
commercial version, Vantage.  Besides being able to do all types of case
conversions, it is faster at search/replace than ANY wp package I have!  Where
Word, WordPerfect, or Nisus will take a finite amount of time (sometimes up to
15 minutes) to replace linefeeds with returns, Vantage does it in a second (I
frequently have over 1000 replacements). It makes sloppines in forgetting to setfile filters almost forgivable.
--
| Bob Rashid                |     Rashid.1@osu.edu |
| College of Dentistry      |                      |

janus@ux.acs.umn.edu (Louis Janus) (02/18/91)

In article <312.27bd2920@mbcl.rutgers.edu> friedman@mbcl.rutgers.edu writes:
>Doe anybody know of a way to convert all upper case text to all lower case
>text?
>-Rich
>friedman@mbcl.rutgers.edu

Let me add one more similar question:  Is there an XFCN for Hypercard
that might do this?

I use Nisus, which can easily convert (and even remember which
was capitalized) before the conversion.

Louis Janus
Scandinavian Dept
U of Minnesota