[comp.sys.mac.apps] End Note vs Pro Cite

friedman@mbcl.rutgers.edu (02/15/91)

I'm considering purchasing the new versions of End Note or Pro-Cite with their
programs that allow them to receive Medline and Biosis search results.  Any
comments on these programs would be appreciated.  Also, if you use the add-on
program, does it save the text as all caps or convert it to lower case.

-Rich
friedman@mbcl.rutgers.edu

carolh@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (Carol Hutchins) (02/16/91)

Take End Note over ProCite, unless you want to do a book length
bibliography including many different types of materials.

nilesinc@well.sf.ca.us (Avi Rappoport) (02/17/91)

In article <309.27bbbd3f@mbcl.rutgers.edu> friedman@mbcl.rutgers.edu writes:
>I'm considering purchasing the new versions of End Note or Pro-Cite with their
>programs that allow them to receive Medline and Biosis search results.  Any
>comments on these programs would be appreciated.  Also, if you use the add-on
>program, does it save the text as all caps or convert it to lower case.

Please feel free to send specific questions directly to me.

The EndLink importer program will convert much of the text to lower case,
but it's really dumb, so you get words like Usa and Dna and Nasa.  We
are planning a major upgrade to EndLink in the future, and will try to
make this work better, but it's hard!

--
--  Help me justify my online bills: ask me EndNote questions, please!  --
Avi Rappoport                               2000 Hearst, Berkeley, CA 94709

rhb@mstr.hgc.edu (Roger H. Brown) (02/18/91)

In article <309.27bbbd3f@mbcl.rutgers.edu> friedman@mbcl.rutgers.edu writes:
>I'm considering purchasing the new versions of End Note or Pro-Cite with their
>programs that allow them to receive Medline and Biosis search results.  Any
>comments on these programs would be appreciated.  Also, if you use the add-on
>program, does it save the text as all caps or convert it to lower case.
>
>-Rich
>friedman@mbcl.rutgers.edu

Unfortunately for me, EndNote Plus is not directly compatible with
MacWrite II and with FullWrite Pro 1.5s.
And if I read the documentation correctly, EndNote is not compatible
with Nisus.

Since I have a version of MacWrite 5.0, I can make use of EndNote Plus
and convert from MacWrite to MacWrite II (another way would be to use RTF
format).

Perhaps Avi Rappoport can give us an update as to what word processing
packages are directly compatible with EndNote 1.3 and EndNote Plus.

| Roger H. Brown              GEnie: R.BROWN64     AOL: Roger48       |
| Sch. of Eng. & Science      rhb@mstr.hgc.edu   ...uupsi!mstr!rhb    |