[comp.sys.mac.apps] PSPICE wanted

AARIE@BGUVM.BITNET (02/17/91)

Since student version of PSPICE for MAC II is free (and copying it is
recommended),could someone post it to the network or send it directly to me ?

BTW,I'm a student of  EEG, trying to get rid of the PC running SPICE.

Arie

norton@extro.ucc.su.oz.au (Norton Chia) (02/18/91)

AARIE@BGUVM.BITNET writes:

>Since student version of PSPICE for MAC II is free (and copying it is
>recommended),could someone post it to the network or send it directly to me ?

>BTW,I'm a student of  EEG, trying to get rid of the PC running SPICE.

>Aarie

Just wondering, are you aware of how large it is?

Norton
--

****  My employers ignore me, I'm on my own when I speak out in public :^( ****
Norton Chia	||  My address is norton@extro.ucc.su.oz.au

jess@gn.ecn.purdue.edu (Jess M Holle) (02/19/91)

I have a friend who is quite interested in obtaining PSPICE for the Mac II. I
have missed most of the recent thread on PSPICE, and would like to know how
one goes about obtaining a free (or very cheap if some previous posts are in
error) copy of PSPICE for educational use.

Thanks in advance.

Jess Holle

cs4304ak@evax.arl.utexas.edu (David Richardson) (02/19/91)

In article <91046.150138AARIE@BGUVM.BITNET> AARIE@BGUVM.BITNET writes:
>Since student version of PSPICE for MAC II is free (and copying it is
>recommended),could someone post it to the network or send it directly to me ?

Ditto here.  If it is in fact freely available, please submit it to
sumex-aim.stanford.edu's ftp archive site, as well as other sites around
the world.  If it is already there, can someone please post the
directory it is in.  Thanks.

Oh, if it isn't freely available, can someone please post the publisher
and cost.  I am not using PSPICE this semester but I probably will
need to later, & I'd rather use a Mac.

--
David Richardson   U. Texas at Arlington  +1 817 856 6637  PO Box 192053
Usually hailing from: b645zax@utarlg.uta.edu         Arlington, TX 76019

mfader@eeserv1.ic.sunysb.edu (Michael Fader) (02/19/91)

In article <91046.150138AARIE@BGUVM.BITNET> AARIE@BGUVM.BITNET writes:
>Since student version of PSPICE for MAC II is free (and copying it is
>recommended),could someone post it to the network or send it directly to me ?

	Sorry I missed the original postings concerning PSPICE.
	What is it -- what does it do?  Statistics, graphing, or what?

	Thanx.

norton@extro.ucc.su.oz.au (Norton Chia) (02/19/91)

mfader@eeserv1.ic.sunysb.edu (Michael Fader) writes:

>In article <91046.150138AARIE@BGUVM.BITNET> AARIE@BGUVM.BITNET writes:
>>Since student version of PSPICE for MAC II is free (and copying it is
>>recommended),could someone post it to the network or send it directly to me ?
>>

>	Sorry I missed the original postings concerning PSPICE.
>	What is it -- what does it do?  Statistics, graphing, or what?

>	Thanx.

PSpice is an electronic circuit simulator. You give it nodes and description
of what elements go in between, it spits out a lot of data such as response
and measurements of various places in the circuit. The version mentioned does
not have a visual implementation, and your ciruit reads like a programming
language. It would be nice to have a graphical input so all you do is reproduce
the circuit on screen with drawing tools, it generates this circuit description
that you have to make up currently, and provide you with all the answers you'd
want and more. As it stands, it's still an excellent way in predicting how
a circuit behaves under set conditions. In short, if you do not have to deal
with elctronic circuits, it may not be your cup of tea.

Cheers,