[comp.sys.mac.apps] Info Needed on DeltaGraph

rkl7c@mendel.acc.Virginia.EDU (Robert Kenneth Leduc) (02/20/91)

Hello:

     I was wondering if anyone had any experience with or information on
DeltaGraph, a charting/graphing program from DeltaPoint.  Specifically,
I am interested with how this program compares with Cricket Graph, the
only other graphing program I have experience with.  Personal stories or
leads to review articles are welcome.

     Thanks for you help,

     Robert

|| (That is...  Robert Leduc/rkl7c@mendel.acc.Virginia.EDU)        ||
||     'As I've always said, I prefer your lips red.  Not what the ||
||      Good Lord made...  But what he intended.'  --Roger Waters  ||
(Okay. It's over. You can stop reading now...)

jwagner@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu (Joseph Wagner) (02/20/91)

In article <1991Feb19.162716.15262@murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU> rkl7c@mendel.acc.Virginia.EDU (Robert Kenneth Leduc) writes:
>Hello:
>
>     I was wondering if anyone had any experience with or information on
>DeltaGraph, a charting/graphing program from DeltaPoint.  Specifically,
>I am interested with how this program compares with Cricket Graph, the
>only other graphing program I have experience with.  Personal stories or
>leads to review articles are welcome.
>
>     Thanks for you help,
>
>     Robert
>

>|| (That is...  Robert Leduc/rkl7c@mendel.acc.Virginia.EDU)        ||
>||     'As I've always said, I prefer your lips red.  Not what the ||
>||      Good Lord made...  But what he intended.'  --Roger Waters  ||
>(Okay. It's over. You can stop reading now...)

I've used DeltaGraph quite a bit in the last 4-5 months for classes
that require a lot of graphing.  I am not too familiar with Cricket
Graph but I know I like DG.  The only problem I found with DG is
doing plain line graphs was not intuitive as I would have liked but
the manual pointed me in the right direction.  Overall, I highly
recommend it.

Just my two cents worth.

| Joseph Wagner			   |  Life is divided into the horrible   |
| jwagner@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu     |  and the miserable - Woody Allen     |

egw.weakm@p3.lanl.gov (Eric Wasserman) (02/20/91)

I tried DeltaGraph for some 3D plotting and I was completly underwhelmed.
I plotted a
66 by 66 matrix of values and it was so slow (on a IIci) that I never
tried another plot.
For 2D scientific plots nothing beats Igor in my mind.  I use WingZ for 3D
data plotting.

Eric
egw.weakm@p3.lanl.gov