[comp.sys.mac.apps] accessPC

v119mb9h@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu (Phillip C Ng) (02/21/91)

Does anyone know if accessPC can read and run IBM compatible
softwares, or does it just read files?  If it can run softwares,
what kinds of softwares?  Games too?  What is its limitations?
Thanks in advance!

Phillip Ng
v119mb9h@ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu
v119mb9h@bitnet

quark@asylum.SF.CA.US (Dave Hull) (02/21/91)

v119mb9h@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu (Phillip C Ng) writes:

>Does anyone know if accessPC can read and run IBM compatible
>softwares, or does it just read files?  If it can run softwares,
>what kinds of softwares?  Games too?  What is its limitations?
>Thanks in advance!

>Phillip Ng
>v119mb9h@ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu
>v119mb9h@bitnet

AccessPC will only let you access files.  If you need to run DOS applications,
then you need SoftPC.  SoftPC will allow you to run any XT or AT compatible
DOS software.  Games in general work a little slow and jerkily on it.  If the
program tries to bypass BIOS you may also have problems running it.
--Dave
|  And by now you can tell that     |                              |
|  I prefer talking about the fear  |     Do my opinions really    |
|  of living, as opposed to the     |     matter to my employers?  |
|  fear of dying.                   |                              |
|       --Karen Finley              |                              |
               Dave Hull is:   quark@asylum.sf.ca.us