[comp.sys.mac.apps] Looking for Japanese Lang. Tutorial

dreger@seismo.gps.caltech.edu (Doug Dreger) (02/24/91)

Hello,

I'm looking for a program that quizes and teaches Japanese Kana
and Kanji on the macintosh II.  I've located a program called
"Japanese Exercises".  Does anyone have experience with this,
and if so do you recommend it.  Are there any other programs
I should be aware of?

Thanks
Doug

janus@ux.acs.umn.edu (Louis Janus) (02/24/91)

In article <1991Feb23.201839.23854@nntp-server.caltech.edu> dreger@seismo.gps.caltech.edu (Doug Dreger) writes:

>I'm looking for a program that quizes and teaches Japanese Kana
>and Kanji on the macintosh II.  I've located a program called
>"Japanese Exercises".  Does anyone have experience with this,
>and if so do you recommend it.  Are there any other programs
>I should be aware of?
--------

You should contact The HyperGlot Software company:  1-800-726-5087

They sell KanjiMaster, which I have seen demoed.  It won the
NCRIPTAL award for software last year.  But don't ask me what
NCRIPTAL stands for!

You should also check out the ads in MacUser etc., since I am
fairly sure there are lots of ads for various Japanses programs.

          {*^*}
Louis Janus
Dept of Scandinavian Studies
University of Minnesota