[comp.sys.mac.apps] page numbering in Word 4.0

resnick@cogsci.uiuc.edu (Pete Resnick) (02/26/91)

cohen@tramp.Colorado.EDU (Matthew Cohen) writes:

>When numbering a document, I want to number the pages starting with
>the _2nd_ page having a number "2" at the bottom.  However, WOrd
>will only let me put a 2 on the first page and count from there, or
>no numbering at all!

Use footers and check the "First Page special" box in Format Section.

>   I have thought about putting a footeron every page, and then
>putting the page number in there, but that's a bit obnoxious.

Having a footer for the Section is not in the least bit obnoxious. Just
turn off the standard page numbering in Format Section, turn on Footers,
click first page special, and then you will be able to put in a first
page footer (with nothing in it in your case) and a regular footer,
containing the page number positioned where you want it.

pr
--
Pete Resnick             (...so what is a mojo, and why would one be rising?)
Graduate assistant - Philosophy Department, Gregory Hall, UIUC