[comp.sys.mac.apps] When will system 7.0 surface ???

morgan@ooc.uva.nl (Chris Morgan/RIKS) (02/27/91)

When will Apple's system 7.0 be shipped. Discussion on this has reduced
somewhat.

Anyone from Apple care to stick there kneck out and say something ???

Chris Morgan
(morgan@riks.nl)

hankin@sauron.osf.org (Scott Hankin) (02/27/91)

morgan@ooc.uva.nl (Chris Morgan/RIKS) writes:

>When will Apple's system 7.0 be shipped. Discussion on this has reduced
>somewhat.

>Anyone from Apple care to stick there kneck out and say something ???

>Chris Morgan
>(morgan@riks.nl)

    Well, I'm not from Apple, and neither is my source, but this week's
    MacWeek said that Apple has scheduled the rollout for May 13th.

    If I'm wrong, remember I'm only repeating from MacWeek.
    If I'm right, remember you heard it here first!

    - Scott
Scott Hankin (hankin@osf.org) | Cole's Law:
Open Software Foundation      |	   Thinly sliced cabbage.

rwittick@convex.cl.msu.edu (Robert I. Wittick) (02/28/91)

morgan@ooc.uva.nl (Chris Morgan/RIKS) writes:

>When will Apple's system 7.0 be shipped. Discussion on this has reduced
>somewhat.

The current MacWeek (2/26) claims that 7.0 will be available from dealers
by May 13.
--
Robert I. Wittick                  Bitnet:      RWITTICK@MSU
315 Computer Center                Internet:    rwittick@convex.cl.msu.edu

tlf@sppy00.UUCP (Business Boy) (03/01/91)

In <18264@slice.ooc.uva.nl>, morgan@ooc.uva.nl writes:
>When will Apple's system 7.0 be shipped. Discussion on this has reduced
>somewhat.
>
>Anyone from Apple care to stick there kneck out and say something ???

I'm *NOT* from Apple, but... In the latest MacWeek it is said the
System 7.0 will be released in May. I think it said Mid-May '91.

There are supposed to be hundreds of applications ready to accompany the
introduction of the System 7.0.

Do I hear heaving breathing?, slobbering?... ;-)

Tom

   Tom [KITES!] Fought         {att|pyramid|killer}!osu-cis!spyy00!tlf
   OCLC, Inc.
   Dublin, Ohio			          GO FLY A KITE!
   614-761-5113 (W)
   614-846-0404 (H)
   *** These are my views, not my employer's (standard disclaimer) ***