[comp.sys.mac.apps] Application Advice

lj@documail.UUCP (Laura Jean Rispens) (03/01/91)

  I need some help.  I need to find a program that would allow me to

enter bits of data for future reference.  There is a lot of little tid-bits

of information that I get off of these news groups that I'd like to

store some place so if I ever need the information I could find it.

This is a great example, someone asked how to copy a graphic from

Freehand to Word.  It's simple - simply hold down the option key

with the command - c.  Now, I know that because I read it in a news

group, printed it out, and have it in a folder with about 1 billion

other sheets of paper with useful, helpful info.  Now, I NEED TO

ORGANIZE THIS STUFF!!!!!

Other helpful feature, either in the same program, or a separate one,

would be; I have a friend who deals with antique foreign cars, now -

when he buys a car to sell and puts and add in the paper to do that

and he'll probably get 50 - 100 calls.  Now I could just put those

names in a word folder and call it Jaguar and next time he sells a

Jaguar, he'll have those names to refer to.  But...I also want a way to

cross reference car and parts to each other - like a database with

several different bits of info as the criteria.

Please help if you can.

Mucho Appreciato!

Lj

documail!lj@mcdch.chg.mcd.mot.com

Remember, it is better to appear stupid than to prove it!!

  :w

mdresser@pbs.org (03/02/91)

In article <304@documail.UUCP>, lj@documail.UUCP (Laura Jean Rispens) writes:

>   I need some help.  I need to find a program that would allow me to
>
> enter bits of data for future reference.  There is a lot of little tid-bits
> of information that I get off of these news groups that I'd like to
> store some place so if I ever need the information I could find it.
>
> This is a great example, someone asked how to copy a graphic from
> Freehand to Word.  It's simple - simply hold down the option key
> with the command - c.  Now, I know that because I read it in a news
> group, printed it out, and have it in a folder with about 1 billion
> other sheets of paper with useful, helpful info.  Now, I NEED TO
> ORGANIZE THIS STUFF!!!!!

   HyperCard would be great for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

> Other helpful feature, either in the same program, or a separate one,
> would be; I have a friend who deals with antique foreign cars, now -
> when he buys a car to sell and puts and add in the paper to do that
> and he'll probably get 50 - 100 calls.  Now I could just put those
> names in a word folder and call it Jaguar and next time he sells a
> Jaguar, he'll have those names to refer to.  But...I also want a way to
> cross reference car and parts to each other - like a database with
> several different bits of info as the criteria.

	HyperCard would be great for this too!!!!!!

	I really like HyperCard and yes, even people who
	have never programmed can learn to script and make
	really cool stacks.

> Please help if you can.

	Hope this was helpful.

> Mucho Appreciato!
>
> Lj
>

> documail!lj@mcdch.chg.mcd.mot.com
> Remember, it is better to appear stupid than to prove it!!

Melanie Dresser

Melanie L. Dresser	mdresser@pbs.org
    Bruce   = Faithful Companion		human	male
    Max     = Noisy, mouthy, siamese		feline  male
    Aravis  = Quiet, neurotic siamese		feline  female
    Tristan = Big, silly German Shepherd 	canine  male
    Quest   = Trusty steed  -  Appaloosa	equine  male
********"Is it expensive?  I got a horse ta feed, ya know"*****