[comp.sys.mac.apps] Readin' and Writin' News

hedstrom@sirius.UVic.CA (Brad Hedstrom) (03/05/91)

In article <1991Mar5.011458.18922@pcserver2.naitc.com> kdenning@pcserver2.naitc.com (Karl Denninger) writes:
> Do publically-distributable POP-based email clients for the MAC exist?  I
> would ideally like one which uses MacTCP, as we have that here on our
> Macintosh systems. [stuff deleted]

The increase in the number of posting like the above example, where a
person asks about something that has very recently been thoroughly
discussed, leads me to believe that the number of people posting News
is MUCH GREATER than the number of people reading News.

I think that the News signal to noise ratio is dropping well below 0 dB.

I believe that people should read a group at for a least a week before
posting an article.
Brad Hedstrom                  Electrical and Computer Engineering Department
University of Victoria                     Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
UUCP: ...!{uw-beaver,ubc-vision}!uvicctr!hedstrom       ``I don't think so.''
Internet: hedstrom@sirius.UVic.CA                  ``Homey don't play that.''