[comp.sys.mac.apps] POP based email system for Macs

grissom@spot.colorado.edu (03/05/91)

In article <1991Mar5.011458.18922@pcserver2.naitc.com>
kdenning@pcserver2.naitc.com (Karl Denninger) writes:

>Do publically-distributable POP-based email clients for the MAC exist?  I
>would ideally like one which uses MacTCP, as we have that here on our
>Macintosh systems.
>
>Something which has an "init" portion that scans for new mail would be
>idea....

Their is an excellent client from Univeristy of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
It was written by Steve Dorner (s-dorner@uiuc.edu). We looked at clients by
Stanford, NASA, Michigan, and others and found this to be the best. It is
very flexible in setup preferences and is easy to customize to you environment
(ie. changing POP server ports).

It's available by anonymous FTP from uiuc.

kdenning@pcserver2.naitc.com (Karl Denninger) (03/05/91)

Do publically-distributable POP-based email clients for the MAC exist?  I
would ideally like one which uses MacTCP, as we have that here on our
Macintosh systems.

Something which has an "init" portion that scans for new mail would be
idea....

Any assistance appreciated.

--
Karl Denninger - AC Nielsen, Bannockburn IL (708) 317-3285
kdenning@nis.naitc.com

"The most dangerous command on any computer is the carriage return."
Disclaimer:  The opinions here are solely mine and may or may not reflect
  	     those of the company.