[comp.sys.mac.apps] Quickeys2 problems?

jas@ISI.EDU (Jeff Sullivan) (03/06/91)

I have been having the following 2 problems recently (one of which may
or may not be QK2 related):

1.  Whenever I start up QK2, after it loads, during the bootup, I get
one of my sounds played.  I am using SoundMaster, and it is the sound
linked to inserting a bad disk.  Does anyone else get unexplained
sounds playing at startup?  This only started when QK2 was added to my
system (going from QK1).

2. The Monitors quickeys sometimes precipitate a crash.  If I use one
of them to change the monitor depth, I occasionally get a crash
shortly thereafter.

jas
Jeffrey A. Sullivan		| Senior Systems Programmer
jas@venera.isi.edu		| Information Sciences Institute
jas@isi.edu                    	| University of Southern California

hades@icefloe.dartmouth.edu (Brian V. Hughes) (03/06/91)

jas@ISI.EDU (Jeff Sullivan) writes:

>I have been having the following 2 problems recently (one of which may
>or may not be QK2 related):

>1.  Whenever I start up QK2, after it loads, during the bootup, I get
>one of my sounds played.  I am using SoundMaster, and it is the sound
>linked to inserting a bad disk.  Does anyone else get unexplained
>sounds playing at startup?  This only started when QK2 was added to my
>system (going from QK1).

This is a memory allocation problem. What you need to do is open QK2 from the
control panel and then enter Configure mode and set QK2 to a higher memory
level. It needs more memory to load in your quickset from QK1. I would suggest
using either the Large or QuickExpert setting depending on the amount of
internal memory you have available.

>2. The Monitors quickeys sometimes precipitate a crash.  If I use one
>of them to change the monitor depth, I occasionally get a crash
>shortly thereafter.

Not sure what the problem is here as I never use the Screen Ease extension but
you might try downloading the updated QuickKeys 2 Extentions from Sumex. They
are in /info-mac/utils in Binhex and Stuffit. This will update all of your
current extensions with better versions. There is also a Quick Keys upgrader to
2.01 for QK and to 1.5.1 for the CEToolbox.

Hope this helps....

--
|                             Hades || Mac Database Admin.                    |
|                   Brian V. Hughes || CALGB Central Office                   |