[comp.sys.mac.apps] Kolor 1.0

ffang@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu (Francis Fang) (03/08/91)

I have a two part question :

First of all, is there a new version of Kolor? If so, where might I find it?

Secondly, I am currently using Kolor on a IIsi and I noticed that everything
works on it except for the window background fill. I'd like to have a
different color for the window background and one of the options in Kolor does
allow you to change this. I did so and the background seems to momentarily
become the chosen color but then reverts back to white. Am I doing something
wrong?

Thanks in advance.

ml27192@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (lanett mark) (03/08/91)

ffang@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu (Francis Fang) writes:

>I have a two part question :

>First of all, is there a new version of Kolor? If so, where might I find it?

I don't think it was ever updated; there are several commercial utilities
that do similar things.

>Secondly, I am currently using Kolor on a IIsi and I noticed that everything
>works on it except for the window background fill. I'd like to have a
>different color for the window background and one of the options in Kolor does
>allow you to change this. I did so and the background seems to momentarily
>become the chosen color but then reverts back to white. Am I doing something
>wrong?

No, applications will repaint the window with white anyway. The most you can
hope for is that dialog boxes stay colored.

--
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mark Lanett						ml27192@uxa.cs.uiuc.edu

careyk@uhccux.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu (Carey Kinoshita) (03/08/91)

In article <1991Mar8.004715.20443@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> ml27192@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (lanett mark) writes:
>ffang@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu (Francis Fang) writes:
>
>>I have a two part question :
>
>>First of all, is there a new version of Kolor? If so, where might I find it?
>
>I don't think it was ever updated; there are several commercial utilities
>that do similar things.

An updated version of the Kolor CDEV has been released by
Preferred Publishers.  It is included with six other finder
colorizing inits and CDEVs in a package which is called
Personality!  I like the inits which creates 3D buttons,
scroll bars, etc and makes the Macintosh Finder look like
the NeXT Operating System.  Personality! sells for about
$99.00.