[comp.sys.mac.apps] GIFS

anderson@watserv1.waterloo.edu (G.Anderson - Computing Services) (03/06/91)

I am interested in two GIF utilities programs.

One is one that would do the best compression on the image. Get the size
as small as possible.

The second is one that will automatically make a slide show of the GIFS that
are in a directory or on a diskette.

hoepfner@heawk1.gsfc.nasa.gov (Patrick Hoepfner) (03/08/91)

In <1991Mar6.140334.25587@watserv1.waterloo.edu> anderson@watserv1.waterloo.edu (G.Anderson - Computing Services) writes:

>I am interested in two GIF utilities programs.

>One is one that would do the best compression on the image. Get the size
>as small as possible.

   I don't know what exactually you are looking for, but the GIF format
already does compression.  There is even a DA called GIF Watcher which will
view a file as it is being downloaded.  This makes it important that you
do not add additional compression to the GIF file.  Because it is already
compressed, any additional compression will only much up the works.

>The second is one that will automatically make a slide show of the GIFS that
>are in a directory or on a diskette.

   I think there is a program I have seem called QuickGif from AmarilloSoft
(or something) and it will allow you to show a slide show.  This is a
shareware product.

--
| Patrick Hoepfner              |            NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center |