[comp.sys.mac.apps] WORDPERFECT 2.0 for the MAC

3342c@dtoa3.dt.navy.mil (Murnane) (03/07/91)

Fellow netters -  I'd like to know your opinions on WORPERFECT 2.0?
I am currently purchasing WORDPERFECT 5.1 for my IBM systems and
will be attending some training some time in May '91.  I'd like
to see if I should consider purchasing the v2.0 for the Mac in my
office as well.

Please reply in laymans terms.  Experts, give me the programs potentials.
Novices give me your opinion on the package as a whole.  Beginners,
give me an idea of why you chose this program.

jness@ub.d.umn.edu (Joel Ness) (03/12/91)

In article <6259@oasys.dt.navy.mil> 3342c@dtoa3.dt.navy.mil (Jennifer Murnane) writes:
>Fellow netters -  I'd like to know your opinions on WORPERFECT 2.0?
>I am currently purchasing WORDPERFECT 5.1 for my IBM systems and
>will be attending some training some time in May '91.  I'd like
>to see if I should consider purchasing the v2.0 for the Mac in my
>office as well.
>
>Please reply in laymans terms.  Experts, give me the programs potentials.
>Novices give me your opinion on the package as a whole.  Beginners,
>give me an idea of why you chose this program.

So far, from what I've seen WP 2.0 for the Mac seem very powerful and
much more Mac-like than the previous version. If you need the capability
of sharing files between both platforms then I would definitely consider
buying WP 2.0 for your Mac.

As far as your PC training carrying over to the Mac version, don't count
on too much. Actually, you wouldn't really want too much to carry over -
one of the drawbacks of the previous version of Mac WP was that it was
too much DOS-like. The Mac version shouldn't be too hard to figure out
on your own if you're familiar with the Mac and with word processing in
general.

Joel Ness			       		INTERNET: jness@ub.d.umn.edu
Information Services		        	BITNET:  JNESS@UMNDUL
University of Minnesota, Duluth			Phone: (218) 726-8841
Duluth, MN  55812