[comp.sys.mac.apps] 32 Bit Color QuickDraw 1.2

sctsar@lims02.lerc.nasa.gov (WILLIAM TSARONES) (03/12/91)

I would like to find out how to properly use Apple's 32 Bit Color QuickDraw
file that is included with system software 6.0.5 & up.

I have read Apple's "read me" files and have yet to be successful at
getting it to do what it is advertised to do.

I have tried it on Mac IIs & IIcxs w/Apple's 8 bit video cards, Apple's 13"
Hi-Res RGB monitors & Supermac 19" Trinitron color monitors. No luck at
generating more than the standard 256 colors as advertised in the "read me"
files.

Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Bill Tsarones

tagreen@bronze.ucs.indiana.edu (Todd A. Green) (03/12/91)

In article <1991Mar11.183543.12091@eagle.lerc.nasa.gov> sctsar@lims02.lerc.nasa.gov writes:
>I would like to find out how to properly use Apple's 32 Bit Color QuickDraw
>file that is included with system software 6.0.5 & up.
>
>I have read Apple's "read me" files and have yet to be successful at
>getting it to do what it is advertised to do.
>
>I have tried it on Mac IIs & IIcxs w/Apple's 8 bit video cards, Apple's 13"
>Hi-Res RGB monitors & Supermac 19" Trinitron color monitors. No luck at
>generating more than the standard 256 colors as advertised in the "read me"
>files.
>
>Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks in advance.
>
>Bill Tsarones

Sorry Bill but the 32-bit CQD INIT will not do anything for you as far
as generating more colors is concerned.  The maximum number of colors
you can generate is dependent on your display card.  If you have a
8-bit display card then you can only disply 2^8 colors. (i.e. 256
colors ).  The only way you are going to get more colors is to get a
card that is capable of displaying more colors.

Todd
Todd A. Green   "<_CyberWolf_>"  ---> Pascal <- tagreen@ucs.indiana.edu
Unix Systems Administration      ---> Unix <--- tagreen@silver.ucs.indiana.edu
Macintosh Systems Administration ---> VMS <---- tagreen@bronze.ucs.indiana.edu