[comp.sys.mac.apps] Log

v119mb9h@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu (Phillip C Ng) (03/13/91)

Are there any public domain softwares that can keep track of the
usage of a Mac, like when was the Mac turned on, how long, etc?
I have FileGuard that has this function, but I'm thinking of
getting rid of it but retaining the daily log.

Thanks!

Phillip Ng
v119mb9h@ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu

mfader@eeserv1.ic.sunysb.edu (Michael Fader) (03/15/91)

In article <64893@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU> v119mb9h@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu writes:
>Are there any public domain softwares that can keep track of the
>usage of a Mac, like when was the Mac turned on, how long, etc?
>I have FileGuard that has this function, but I'm thinking of
>getting rid of it but retaining the daily log.
>
>Thanks!
>
>Phillip Ng
>v119mb9h@ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu

The "log" function of the Gatekeeper init keeps a record of power-ups and
shutdowns (and a lot of other stuff).