[comp.sys.mac.apps] Wacky Lines in Superpaint

dbarberi@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Barberi) (03/15/91)

Hey Net.land!

  I'm working with Superpaint 2.0 and have a question:  When I set the
  Document size to MORE then 8x10inches Two "wacky" lines appear at
  8 inches on the horizontal and ~10.5 inches on the vertical.

  I've set my document size to 8.5 x 11 inches.  Why do these lines appear?
  Can I get rid of them, or change were they are?  What do they do?

  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

David Barberi             |         "Put amusing quote here."                |
Syracuse University       |--------------------------------------------------|
S.I. Newhouse School of   |  Bitnet: Dbarberi@SUNRISE                        |
Public Communications     |  Internet: Dbarberi@Sunrise.acs.syr.edu          |

hoepfner@heawk1.gsfc.nasa.gov (Patrick Hoepfner) (03/17/91)

In <SPENCER.91Mar15160532@spline.eecs.umich.edu> spencer@eecs.umich.edu (Spencer W. Thomas) writes:

>With the number of applications I like to have available, the menu can
>get pretty long.  I saw somewhere recently (I thought on the net) a
>reference to a program that launches its "document".  I could name a
>copy of this program "Games", and then have a menu like this:

>	| Draw		  | -----------------
>	| Games         > | | Canfield      |
>	| MacWrite	  | | Forty Thieves |
>	| Microsoft Word  | | Shanghai	    |
>	| Persuasion	  | | Tetris	    |
>	| Photoshop	  | -----------------

>Does anybody know of this program and where I can find it?

   What you are referring to is called Hand Off II.  This allows you to make
a bundle (if that is what they call it) of similar items in a hierarchial
menu.  Another way of using this is if, for example, you always launch
MS Word, Excel, and MacDraw II to do your Wednesday work, you can bundle
your Wednesday work, you can bundle them under Wednesday and select that item
(like your "Games" menu item) and they all launch!

   You can also have this program Hand-off all MacWrite document to MS Word.
This was the only thing that the original version did and it was worth it
without the additional launching capabilities.

   Either the launching or the handing-off is worth the price of admission
(IMHO)!

--
     /    Patrick Hoepfner       |    NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center    \