[comp.sys.mac.apps] Paint/Draw Programs for Mac

q4py@vax5.cit.cornell.edu (03/18/91)

I have been using SuperPaint 2.0 for a while and have
been disappointed by its performance.  Specifically, the
program slows down to the point of being almost unusable
when you have a moderately complex drawing in the draw layer.
I would appreciate any info/experiences/opinions that anyone
has about other Paint/Draw programs on the Mac ( I was thinking
in particular about Canvas or UltraPaint), especially in regard
to their performance as drawing programs.

Thanks,
Simon Kaplan
Cornell University

john@newave.UUCP (John A. Weeks III) (03/20/91)

In article <1991Mar18.112728.3459@vax5.cit.cornell.edu> q4py@vax5.cit.cornell.edu writes:
> I would appreciate any info/experiences/opinions that anyone
> has about other Paint/Draw programs on the Mac ( I was thinking
> in particular about Canvas or UltraPaint), especially in regard
> to their performance as drawing programs.

I use UltraPaint, and I have recomended it to several clients.  It
seems to be fairly stable (no disasters yet), and the speed is
nice and crisp.  If you are doing B&W drawing for a lazer printer,
running the program in 2 color mode results in a big speed-up.

-john-

John A. Weeks III               (612) 942-6969             john@newave.mn.org
NeWave Communications                       ...uunet!tcnet!wd0gol!newave!john