[comp.sys.mac.apps] Color in SuperPaint

dbarberi@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Barberi) (03/19/91)

Hello Everyone!

How do you get COLOR to show up in Superpaint.  I have an object that
I would like to make red.. but don't know how to do it.  When I flip
through the patterns, there is a whole section with colors, but when
I pick the color - it never shows up in my document.  Is it there, but
just won't show until I print it?  Also - it says "foreground" and
"background" in two of the boxes next to the colors, but I can't figure
out how to use ANY of these.

HELP!

David Barberi             |         "Put amusing quote here."                |
Syracuse University       |--------------------------------------------------|
S.I. Newhouse School of   |  Bitnet: Dbarberi@SUNRISE                        |
Public Communications     |  Internet: Dbarberi@Sunrise.acs.syr.edu          |

chai@hawk.cs.ukans.edu (Ian Chai) (03/20/91)

In article <1991Mar18.163847.5266@rodan.acs.syr.edu> dbarberi@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Barberi) writes:
>How do you get COLOR to show up in Superpaint.  I have an object that
Superpaint doesn't do interactive color. When you want to view the color,
you need to do a "color preview" (cmd-K).

I like Superpaint but it's NOT the thing to use for color...
I use Image (FREE!!!) to do color.

Ian
chai@cs.ukans.edu
2fntnougat@ukanvax.bitnet

PSTL-HJ@finou.oulu.fi (03/20/91)

I think you cannot, since SuperPaint is BLACK and WHITE program. It does
not support color on screen. But you could ask from the manufacture.
-------
Heikki Jussila              EARN/INTERNET: PSTL-HJ@finou.oulu.fi
Reserarch Institute of Northern Finland
University of Oulu          telephone: + 358-81-35 3556
Linnanmaa                     telefax: + 358-81-35 3231
SF-90570 Oulu, Finland

phil@waikato.ac.nz (03/20/91)

David Barberi writes:

> How do you get COLOR to show up in Superpaint.  I have an object that
> I would like to make red.. but don't know how to do it.  When I flip
> through the patterns, there is a whole section with colors, but when
> I pick the color - it never shows up in my document.  Is it there, but
> just won't show until I print it?  Also - it says "foreground" and
> "background" in two of the boxes next to the colors, but I can't figure
> out how to use ANY of these.

As mentioned by another reader, SuperPaint is really a monochrome program. You
can get a colour *preview* of your document (in version 2.0, anyway), but you
must revert to mono to edit it.  Chapter 17 of the manual Pp 4-249 to 4-256 has
a full treatment of SuperPaint's colour capabilities.

Tip: if you want different parts of a bitmap (i.e. Paint) doc to be different
colours, lasso them, cut to draw, then change the colour of the object in the
draw layer.
--
Phil Etheridge (phil@waikato.ac.nz)              Phax:  +64 +71 381 155
Computer Services/Mathematics & Statistics       Phone: +64 +71 568 299 x 8339

tanar@utu.fi (Taneli Armanto) (03/20/91)

In article X <PSTL-HJ@finou.oulu.fi> writes:

>I think you cannot, since SuperPaint is BLACK and WHITE program. It does
>not support color on screen.

   Yes you can.  No it's not.  Yes it does.  ( At least SP 2.0 )

With a color monitor, you have "Color Preview" to choose in View menu.
It shows you the colors on screen. You can't do any editing in that mode,
though.

With a B&W monitor, the "Color Preview" is missing completely  (it's not
there, even grayed).

Taneli
U.of Turku
Finland